Prologue: Apprentice

(Five Years ago) Third Person

"So who will be the next Assassin after you?" Plutarch asks Jack. They're in the assassins secret hide out. Only a handful people know it's location and even fewer have access to it. Jack takes out a photo of a twelve year old girl and hands it to him. "She's awful young" Plutarch states.

"But has an amazing fighting spirit" Jack tells him. "She need only train her for three years, then she may take my position. She's the one Plutarch" he states. Little do they know Jack will die in two years.

"It's your decision, every assassin needs an apprentice before their first Hunger Games. You were Zuko's and she will be yours" Plutarch states. They have a moment silents for Jack's late master. Who had been an assassin for two years. Jack plans to bet that record, though no one has. For a long time betting one year was the goal of all assassins and now it's two. They all want to live to be in their third hunger games. Anyway enough of that, lets meet Ebony Black-flame.

Ebony's POV

I was out exploring the park when I noticed something in the trees

I was out exploring the park when I noticed something in the trees. An invisible being who flashed it's eyes at me. It started to leave and I look around before following it curious. I soon arrive at a large oak tree. I look around confused no longer seeing the invisible person.

"You should feel honoured, not many see me and live" a man's voice says. I turn to see a man in a full camouflage suit appear.

"You're the assassin aren't you? The one from the hunger games?" I ask in awe.

"Yes" he says nodding his head.

"Why show yourself to me?" I ask him confused.

"I need an apprentice and I choose you" he says shrugging.

"Wow, I'm honoured" I say smiling feeling excited. "When do we begin training?" I ask.

"Now" he says and pushes me into the tree. But I go right through the trunk and start to full. I scream until I'm floating three feet from the ground.

"Honestly Jack, no reason to scare the girl" Beetee states from the computer screen lowering the girl gently. He made a lot of the tech, but has never been to the secret base. The screen went black as the man appears removing the mask.

"You could of warned me" I grumble dusting myself off.

"Where's the fun in that?" he asks smirking.

"Ah Jack, you've returned with the secret tribute" says a round man. "Plutarch Heavensbee, a pleasure to meet you Miss Black-flame" he says holding a hand out to me. I shake it and smiles saying I have a firm grip. "Now I must leave, I have a meeting" he states before leaving.

"Come I shall show you to the training room" Jack announces. I follow him through the halls of the underground network. Something was annoying me until I realized who he was.

"You're Jack Lestrange, the famous writer" I state.

"To the public yes, but in the Hunger Games I shall be the new assassin. Then you will take my place when I die" he tells me.

"So is that what happens?" I ask him. "Everyone thinks the Assassin is one person" I tell him.

"As did I, before Zuko approached me" he states.

"That enforcer that died in action?" I ask tilting my head to the side confused.

"Yes, each assassin is different and has their own unique skill. Today we shall find out yours" he says smiling as we enter the training room.

"How did this all start?" I ask curious.

"About sixty years ago, a man called Ethan Knight decided that the capital needed a competitor in the games. Why should the districts have all the fun? So he become the first assassin, technology has come along way since then. After his death, his son took the title. But realized he needed someone to continue on the roll if he died. So from then on every Assassin took an apprentice before they go into their first game" he explains.

"How come Plutarch was here?" I ask confused.

"He is apart of rebellion forming and is one of the few that can be trusted in the capital. He gave us this place actually about twelve years ago. We have other allies, but only Plutarch you and I are allowed here. For safety reasons" he states.

I nod my head as he hands me a light sword. Telling me to test it out, so I did so. We did that for the rest of the afternoon before I discovered my weapons of choice. Knives, daggers and hand to hand combat. He then set me home, where I'm greeted by worried parents. "I'm fine" I assure them.

"Where we you?" mum asks me.

"In the park, you know I love nature" I tell her smiling and she sighs.

"Go clean up, dinner shall be ready shortly" dad tells me. I nod my head and go up to my room. I cleaned up and changed clothes before joining them in the dining room. We ate diner together like usual before I went to bed early. Exhausted from the earlier workout, but Jack said I'd get used to it.

A/N

Picture above of Jack.