did you love me? (i)

You were broken. Like you never were.
You thought you could handle that but you couldn't.

You had to break up with the love of your life.
Because of your father. You two were in a relationship since eight months but your violent father found out about it since you decided to not tell him. One day, he just decided to follow you and he saw you kissing your, now, ex-boyfriend.
He got mad. Real mad. He waited for you to come back home, he beat you and locked you in your room.

You didn't understand why you didn't have the right to love someone but, anyway, you had to break up with him.

It took you one day to do it. You were under the pressure of your father. You had to do it.
You finally took your phone and called him under the gaze of your father. He told you what words you had to say. He told you everything to hurt him the worst way possible so that he'll never come back to you.
You prayed that he wouldn't pick up.
But unfortunately, he answered very quickly.

"- Babe ? Where are you ? Why didn't you come at school today ?" he asked worriedly as you were anxiously biting your bottom lip trying to restrain your emotions.
"- Timothée... I-" you looked at your father who was standing in front of you, staring at you like he was going to kill you if you didn't say what he told you to say.
"- It's over." you finally spat making your own heart bleed.

Timothée stayed silent for a moment.

"- Wha- What ? What do you mean it's over ?" he said, confused, making even more pain in your heart.
"- I mean that I break up with you. You don't deserve me and I deserve better. I don't love you anymore. It's like everything was clear in my mind. You are a piece of shit and you will never deserve a woman like me."

I suddenly had to put my hand on my mouth to stop me from bursting into tears.

"- Y/N, are you serious ? You're joking, right ?"
"- Do I sound like I'm joking ?"
"- But- why ?"
"- I don't know... I-I found someone else. Better than you. I'm with him for almost a month now and I didn't know who chose until I understood how perfect he is. Unlike you..."

I thought he was going to hung up until I suddenly heard a sob and a second one and then a third one.

He was crying.

And I couldn't handle this.

I didn't expect him to be sad but even less to cry. This is when I realized I was truly important for him.

"- Who is he ?"
"- You don't have to know that."
"- Okay... I...uh..."
"- I need to hang up. Have a nice day Timothée."
"- Y/N—"

I hung up before he could add anything else. I looked at my father who was smirking proudly. He had what he wanted. He broke every parts of me now. From the heart to the bones.