𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍 | 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙁𝙖𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙤𝙖𝙡

CHAPTER 4 | HOPE AND FAITH ARE NOT THE GOAL

DANA was going to be the death of me. This is certainly not how I wanna spend my morning. Once again, there is another school meeting, and this was about the disappearance of Dana and her friend.

"Thank you all for coming." I was sitting next to my sister, as were were listening to our headmaster.

"Mystic Falls needs our help and given our recent influx of monster, Sheriff Donavan and I have decided we need to take drastic action." I look at the Sheriff and notice that he wearing his usual blank expression as he was observantly watching us. Whenever something "majors" happens in Mystic Falls, he always points the finger at our school first. Which can be highly infuriating for Alaric.

"Please give him your full attention." Dr. Saltzman says before the Sheriff step up, as the students gave him his undivided attention.

"Like Dr. Saltzman was saying, locals girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." As he was speaking, there was a photo of Dana being pass around, and it was a selfie pic of Dana and it look like she was behind a large lake. Also, there was a photo of Sasha being pass around and it was just a full length picture of herself.

Sheriff Donavan then step aside, and Dr. Saltzman took back his place.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donavan. Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst."

"Do you think this is a coincidence that they disappeared last night?" I whisper towards my sister.

"Nothing is a coincidence when it comes to this school." She mumbles back.

"Now I'll need a few of you to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which, unfortunately, is necessary given recent events. Now I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells because any information we can get will make all the difference."

Immediately, Lizzie perk up from her seat in the front and she adjust her blazer before facing the students.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that is what heroes do." I rolled my eyes and instantly cringe at her comment. She thinks that she's freaking wonder woman because she "defended" against the gargoyle. We went through the same thing, but I'm not acting as if I'm the new hero in town.

"So... I volunteer as tribute." She turn around to face her father.

"She battles one gargoyle, and suddenly, she's Mother Teresa." Hope mumbles. Suddenly, Kaleb stood up from his spot.