Chapter 4

"You gotta be kidding me Tan, this can't be happening" I yelled in disbelief "I really worked hard for this."

T:I have an idea which can save the day.

A: shoot.

T: Why don't you replace her.

A: Hell no.

T: Common Anaisha , you know the routine very well and we can't find a girl who can perfect the routine overnight. Prisha has left the country for a week so we really don't have a choice.

A: Alright, fine.

Perfect. Can the universe be more Ironic!

*Bollywood night*

After the separate boys and girls dance was done, it was finally the time for the couple dance. I pined my dupatta

and adjusted my ghagra and took a deep breath. I can do this.

The curtains were still not unveiled, all the girls took their position and finally I reluctantly stood next to Vihaan.

V: Anaisha, are you..

A:Yes, I am your partner.

I tried to move my hand to form the dance position and my dupatta got stuck in his watch and the curtains unraveled.

Perfect.

He held my hand and slowly untucked the duppata making it look like a dance step, the crowd went crazy.

"Mehndi laga rakhna

Doli saja ke rakhna

Mehndi laga rakhna

Doli saja ke rakhna

Lene tujhe o gori

Aayenge tere sajna" Vihaan quite gracefully followed the choreography and we synchronized with the beats.

Our song almost was about to end when all of a sudden Vihaan decided to go off choreography and shocked me.

"Rasta hamara takna

Darwaaza khula rakhna"

He sat on his knees in front of me, lowered his head and held my hands.

"Lene tujhe o gori
Aayenge tere sajna"

He held his ears and mouthed sorry.

The song stopped, the crowd hooted, everybody left the stage and I was standing there in utter shock.

No this can't be happening, not to me at least.

*Flashback*
A: Vi I waited for you for 30 minutes in the scorching heat of Singapore, you could have just texted me that you are not coming.

V: Anaisha , I literally don't how I fell asleep, I just rested my eyes and boom!

A: You owe me an apology.

V: Ye sorry vorry mai nhi bolta sirf bulwata hu ;)