Two

The weather next day was gloomy like Eylul's mood. Yesterday her mind kept repeating the things at stake now since the plan failed. She even hit the gym to get rid of her anger.

The plan was simple. The FBI got a hold on X's drug material. X would need money to repurchase them again. The moment the money pulled, Eylul and her team would be able to catch him.

Now Erick's life in danger. X has the time to convince hesitant mafias to sell his drug, all thanks to Sara's reckless behavior.

+++

The buzzing chats on Eylul's floor stopped the moment they saw her. After all, it was the first time one of her cases take such a catastrophic turn.

That fuel her mood a notch.

She closed the door of her office leaning her head on it. The privacy of a closed office was a privilege she deserved after bringing a radical into custody. It was something she was beyond grateful for today.

The office laid between a line of offices and tow meeting rooms, in front of many open space desks.

It had light gray walls with two black chairs in front of the gray deck. Only warmness the office had was tow brown picture frames, one with her Anane 'grand mother' and the other with her parents.

After calming herself, Eylul entered the office of Supervisory Special Agent office.

"Am I missing something because the furthers I know Sara smith wasn't included on X case ."

Unlike most agents she was one of the rears who got the Assistant Director recommendation to be here. She does respect Caleb, but the overlooking of Sara's behaviors lately was something she wouldn't remain silent about.

Caleb used to Eylul's forthright approach to the problem. Actually that was what made him accept to hire her. In addition to the recommendation of Assistant Director herself .

For Sara actions he saw they were harmless and useful, so his reaction to her was a laugh.

He leaned back on his chair." Give her some credit what she did save the life of everyone yesterday."

She took a moment to suffocate the raging curses at the tip of her tongue.

" And it causes us to lose the only opportunity to catch X. You don't get the damage because of Sara accessing the case. Don't you?

Her snooping didn't only lead X to know about Erick's location, also all the mess yesterday. Now we have a mole thanks to Sara big mouth, it could be anyone. Also, the extent of information this mole told X is unknown." He must take an action or else she would take it to the higher ranks.

A knock on the door interrupted them.

" You may come in," said Caleb.

A male agent entered, "Sorry to interrupt. Agent Eylul, Erick is making a fuss in the cells demanding to talk to you."

" Take him to my office and stay with him until I come." She would tell him a filtered version of what going on then send him to a safe house.

" I don't get it, why you are insisting to work on a case that always leads you to a dead end?", wondered Caleb.

"Then what should I do?" , Eylul crossed her arms.

"Hand it to another agent and take a break. You literary been here every single day since last year ."

"I don't start something then leave it in the middle for other people to finish it for me. "

That wasn't the whole truth. If she agreed to hand over the case and take her leave, that means her mind would filled with a lot of questions about her private life. Something this case made her avoid.