Chapter One

Down pass the rivers of death toward the northern star is a little town. This town is called Firesight. I have lived here since I was born. My name is Sapphire Mercury. I am sixteen years old. I live with my mom. I am a teenage girl I stand 5'4, weigh 125 pounds, have hazel eyes, long wavy hair that stops at my waist, and a nice tan skin. I am a "nerd".

On March 12th it was a beautiful morning. The birds were singing the sun was shining. I was asleep lost in my dream. I was in a dark room and as I was looking for light. A golden glow appeared from a distance. I walked towards it. Rays of golden light soft but pure surrounded me and a scent of the best aroma surrounded me. The golden glow brightened and I looked to see that it was not a light but a door. The door was pure gold and what caught my eye was the red decorations that surrounded the sides.

It intertwined to create a picture of pure beauty.

As I reached to the door a sound interrupted me........ Beep beep beep. I opened my eyes to see it was my alarm clock. My head was drifting back into play. The dream was a distant memory. I went to my bathroom and as I was in the shower a sound of laughter was in the air. I rushed out of the shower once I was done.

My mom was in the kitchen. I walked to the kitchen door as it opened smells of warm syrup filled my nose. I looked to see grits boiling in the pot. Pancakes nicely golden on a plate. Eggs in a bowl on the table. Bacon and sausage sizzled on the skillet letting its aroma engulf my taste buds. Creating my mouth to water and my mother humming her cheerful tune. "Good morning Sapphire. Did you rest well," she asked as she put the bacon and sausage on a plate. "Good morning mom. Yeah I slept great how about you?"

My mom sat down and her happiness faded as if I said something to upset her. The time was now 9:58. School will start at exactly 11:45. "Mom I am going to go see grandma before I got to school. I love you." Mom left the kitchen and went to her room to get ready for work she did not speak to me at all. I walked a mile to get to my grandma house. She lived ten minutes away from the school. My grandma was already in her porch with grandpa looking at the sunrise. "Hello sapphire! Are you on your way to school," grandma asked me not getting up from her chair. "Yes grandma I just decided to come see you. But I will be late if I stay another minute."

She motioned her hand for me to hurry to school. I walked to school and as I approached the double doors at firesight high. My boyfriend came out and smacked the door in my face. His eyes were filled with rage and a fire burned deep in his eyes. I looked at him and he didn't seem angry instead he seems pissed and the fire from deep in his eyes brighten.

He looked at me as I rubbed my face and his eyes turned from a deep rage to comfort and concern. "Baby what happen?" "I can ask you the same thing. But you hit me with the door. Thanks a lot." He hugged me and the scent of his cologne wrapped around me. Bewoop bewoop the bell rang signaling us that we have seven minutes to get to class. As the students crowded the hallway to get to their class. I couldn't shake the dream out of my head. I must have been thinking for a long time.

"So, are you going to sit here like a zombie or are you going to class?" said Krystal. Her short red curls shined with gloss. Her soft smooth skin radiated as her emerald green eyes stared at me. "Are you going to talk sas?"

I shook myself out of my admiration. "Oh, yeah let's go to class. It's about time you decide to get educated Krystal. I'm so proud of you." Her emerald eyes narrowed and she looked at me as if she wanted to eat my heart out. "Well don't get too happy. I am leaving early." I looked at her and her expression turned happy and bubbly like champagne. She started to glow. We walked into class to see that our teacher was not there. Meanwhile..... Sapphire mom was on her way to work. She is running late and did not check if the door was locked. She drove 100mph on a 58mph road. As she arrived to work she let out a sigh to see no one was there. It is now 2:30p.m sapphire started walking home.