Chapter Seven: Weaponized

Start from the beginning

"I have to talk to Derek, the money is his." There was noble Scott talking again, the piece of him that wanted to do the right thing no matter how sure he was that him and his family would be better off with the money.

"You mean his and Peter's." After the time at Deaton's with Brett and the night she spent texting Stiles, he informed her that the man was Peter Hale, Derek's uncle. A homicidal maniac hell bent on his former alpha power status and the man who turned Scott into a werewolf.

Scott squinted his eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means maybe we should proceed with caution." Stiles answered. Scott raised an eyebrow, looking at Eden who just bit down on her lip before his eyes moved back to Stiles.

"You don't think we should tell Derek?"

"No." Stiles replied quickly before standing up from his spot. "No." Then there was the nagging at his brain, the one that was the completely good side of Stiles that he often more times than not listened to. God, this was not the time to be the good sidekick. With a sigh, Stiles began to speak again. "No, of course we have to tell him I'm just..." he trailed. "I'm just saying, some of that money is Peter's, right?"

"Yeah." Scott answered.

"We established that, Stiles." Eden added.

"Right? Peter. Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give five hundred thousand dollars to him?" The human was trying so hard to ration, trying so hard not to give anything to Peter and Eden could see that.

Scott shook his head. "So we should give Derek his money back, but not Peter?"

"I didn't say that."

"You kind of implied it, Stiles..." Eden whispered.

The young alpha was at a loss for words. "Stiles, what are you saying?"

Stiles stood still, unsure of the wording he was trying to think of. What was he trying to say? Keep half the money so maybe he can help his father pay off the ridiculous amount of bills he racked up while possessed by the Nogitsune and Scott can help his mother with the bills? How selfish would he sound? That money came from people's lives being taken away, yet he wanted to be selfish and keep the money so they can be fine. Before Stiles had a moment to speak a knock was heard on the door. All three teens jumbled in their spots, Scott pushing the bag of money underneath his bed, Eden grabbing at a book at his bed side, which thankfully was a text book before the door opened and Malia emerged. Malia's eyes met Eden's for a moment as the Latina took in her appearance. It was probably the first time she realized it was raining outside thanks to the other girl's wet appearance. "We found Satomi's pack, Derek and I. But they're dead" Malia informed.

"All of them?" Scott asked a bit incredulously. Eden lifted her eyes from the book once again, this time way more intrigued and not having to hide it. Stiles on the other hand panicked on the inside and couldn't exactly tell you why. Eden was just a friend and Malia was his girlfriend. Nothing was happening with them, so why was he afraid of them both being in the same room?

Malia sighed. "All the ones we found."

"Then where's Derek?" Stiles asked, stepping closer to Malia. Eden now moved her eyes to the back of his figure and then back to the book.

Malia shrugged. "He found someone he knew, took her to the hospital. She didn't smell like a wolf, so I'm guessing she was human."

Eden closed the book at the same time as thunder crashing, standing slowly and holding her ribs before placing the text book she grabbed out of panic down on the bed. "Well, its been swell doing this little study buddy thing, but I should get going. PSATs are in the morning. I need sleep. Stilinski, work on your vocabulary, its a killer on the test..." the brunette spoke trying to cover their tracks of the previous conversation before Malia came in. "Scott? Math. Remember to work on that tonight. And get some sleep, we had a hell of a day. Night. Whatever." Grabbing her ribs once more with a light laugh, her gaze turned to Malia. "Are you taking the test?"