Chapter 10

Hailee's p.o.v
Its Monday morning and Dean is still in hospital. Mom says I should only visit him every Friday and Saturday for two hours.

I decide on wearing a plain hoodie jacket, white jeans, flops and a messy bun. I only apply lip gloss ( Lisa won't be happy with me, but whatever).

"Hey.'' Lisa greets. "Aaaah." She screams. "What did you do to Hailee?" She asks horrifyingly. 

"I am Hailee. I just don't feel like dressing to impress you know." I reply shrugging.

"Okay. Its your wadrobe. Just don't come near me. But I still need a ride to school." She says from a disgusted face to a smile.

I roll my eyes and grab her hand out of the room. I grab my school bag and shove a muffin in my mouth before we run out.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Its finally lunch. I scroll through my Instagram and liking new posts from my followers. My phone immediately starts vibrating.

Dean: Hey babe. Can't wait til the wkend. I'm dying here from loneliness.

Me: You'll be fyn. Trust me.

Dean: everyone is telling me that. Idk if i should blieve it😧.

Me:😁. U should Dean.

Dean: okay. I'll try. U having Yogi aren't you?

Me: u knw me 2 well

Dean: 😘

Me: 😶. Gud bye Dean. Get well

Dean: already

Me: yeah. I've got class soon. Need 2 fill the stomache a bit.

Dean: okay babe. I luv u. Take care

Me: i will

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Dean's p.o.v
Its been a long day of nothing but doctors checking up on me every half an hour. It sucks trust me.

Ugh! I miss Hailee. It feels like I haven't spoken to her in years even though I did an hour ago. There's a knock at the door and my heart jumps hoping its Hailee but I doubt it.

Instead, its a person I haven't spoken to in... honestly I don't know. "Hey." She greets. I smile back with a nod.

"Come in." I say. She walks towards me adjusting the bag hanging from her shoulder. "How are you feeling?" She asks with concern.

"Umm... better than before. How about you?" I reply with a smile.

She only closes her eyes and releases a heavy sigh. "Dean." Is all she says. I frown and sit up.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "I miss you. A lot. And it feels really and I mean really awkard that you and my sister  are dating. It's bad for my reputation." She says hurriedly.

"Halsey, please le-" I say before I'm disturbed. "No, let's talk about it. First of all, you don't even tell me, second  of all, I only find out a week later on posts from the Yankees game with photos of you..." She yells, stops and looks up to the ceiling holding back  tears.

"Halsey, I...uh." Is all I can say as I put my hands on face covering it. "You know what, whatever, bye Dean." She says before walking towards the door.

"Wait. Didn't you see the kiss on T.V.?" I ask still covering my face. "Yeah, so?" She replies.

"So, you said you saw it on social media, how'd it even get there?" I ask removing my hands from my face looking at her.

"Uh, I don't know. But it doesn't matter." She snaps. "Which means you're lying. You posted it to find a good reason to have a grudge on me and Hailee and then expect me to feel bad only to have me run back to you.

In case you've forgotten, we were not even meant to date. Your parents didn't even know about us because apparently you said that they wouldn't accept the age difference which is only by two years.Then when I eventually get tired of hiding it's my fault." I snap back not even hearing myself as every word slips out of my mouth.

We look at each other for a full minute in silence. "Please, just leave." I ask softly, breaking eye contact.

She looks down and leaves without a word. I must say, this was the best afternoon so far.