"Not as funny as me, right?"

"Hmmm..."

Charlie's gasped, "darling, really?"

Hattie smiled, "I'm kidding. You're funny. I'm a little tired. Maybe we should go now?"

Charlie picked her up, "come on then, baby girl."

"I can still walk," Hattie told him trying to shuffle out of his arms.

Charlie tightened his grip. "Nope, you're tired and we don't want you falling asleep by the dragons."

* * *

"She's asleep," Gilbert told Charlie who had to run to the healers after having got the backlash of one of Winnie's puff of fire.

Charlie looked around and found Hattie curled up beside Jojeen, who's tail was wrapped securely around the girl's body like a mother dragon would do with its eggs. Winnie was laid beside the Jojeen too, sleeping with one eye open, her open eye glaring at Gilbert.

"How did this happen?" Charlie chuckled slowly approaching where Hattie lay but Gilbert tightened the grip around Hattie flaring his nostrils at Charlie.

Charlie raised his arms in surrender, slowing his step. "I just want to take her home," he told Winnie and Jojeen.

Jojeen huffed looking way from the man and begrudgingly removed his tail allowing Charlie to scoop Hattie up into his arms. Gilbert joined Charlie in taking Hattie back to the house. He opened the door for Charlie to take Hattie in and watched as the redhead set the girl on the sofa covering her with a blanket and pressing a soft kiss to her head.

"You love her don't you?" He asked Charlie.

"She's another little sister to me," Charlie told him.

"So you don't fancy her?"

Charlie scrunched up his nose, "of course not! That's disgusting! She's always been my other little sister."

"Good," nodded Gilbert, "I wanted to check my mate wasn't going to do something stupid."

"Obviously not, Gil. I love her but not in that way. I just want her to be happy and full of body and life again like she was years ago. She's made a lot of progress, so much, and I couldn't be prouder."

Gilbert noticed the twinkle in Charlie's eyes as he glanced over at Hattie. A smile spread across his face and Gilbert knew that the girl meant the world to Charlie.

"You've got mail."

Charlie spun around to see Sirius' owl, Bonafus, perched on the window pane. He plucked the letter from the owl that bit him angrily before flying away. Charlie shook his bleeding finger reading the front of the envelope.

He gently crouched down in front of Hattie and wiped the hair from her face, "Hattie, a letter from Seamus has come," he said quietly.

Hattie grumbled and rolled over pushing Charlie's face away from her. Gilbert guffawed at Charlie who had toppled over.

"A little help would be appreciated, Gil," Charlie held out his hand.

Gilbert shook his head, "you're doing great, sweetie!"

Charlie huffed and puffed, rolling his eyes and pushing himself up, placing the letter on the coffee table and heading towards Gilbert. He shoved the man backwards. Gilbert retaliated by putting Charlie into a headlock and Charlie punched his gut.

The playful fighting was what woke Hattie up. "What's going on?" She asked wiping her eyes.

"Nothing to see here," Gilbert groaned kicking the back of Charlie's legs trying to make him fall to the ground.

Charlie grunted and flipped him over, slamming Gilbert to the ground. "Never mess with a Weasley, we always win."

Hattie watched in horror thinking Gilbert and Charlie had been seriously fighting but when the two burst into laughter and Charlie helped Gilbert up she started to giggle, releasing her breath which had hitched.

"So all Weasley will win, eh?" Gilbert raised his eyebrows.

"Well maybe not Percy but he could if he really put his mind to it-OW!"

Hattie stood up, "Percy could win in a fight! He could be beat you! He just prefers to live a fight-free life!"

"You tell him, Hattie, the stupid twat doesn't know what he's talking about!"

"LANGUAGE!" Charlie exclaimed.

"What's a...that word?" Hattie questioned Charlie.

Charlie shook his head, "a bad word, you don't need to know." He told her and slapped Gilbert's stomach and shot him a glare.

"Okie dokie."

A/n-
Any face claim ideas for Gilbert?