Quirks and Habits

Kathy westmoreland talks about Elvis's odd little quirks and Habits

1."it's serious" Elvis had a tell when he was about to talk to me about something 'serious.' He turned his back to me if he was standing, or looked away if he were sitting next to me.

2. Bouncy ankles/feet: I know most of you know about his 'shaky left leg,' but actually both his legs usually bounced when he was sitting and they were crossed.

3. Finger rolls: before a show he of course was more nervous.... whither in a chair in a hotel room waiting to leave for the auditorium or pacing backstage. For shows he wore extra jewellery; if he wore rings on every finger, he'd  jiggle his fingers in a rolling motion.

4. The "uh-oh" smile: at certain times he had a paricularly infectious little twinkly-eyed-devilish smile that gave him that "I am the cat who just ate the canary" look. And yes,.... when any of us noticed this one, we knew something was up. Most likely one.... or all of us were about to get "punked."

5. "What's this? A new habit." At one point Elvis began to make a 'clock' sound after sentences. It was kind of like the tongue on the roof of the mouth that somehow created a "tok" sound, and yet it was created in the back of his throat.

6. "Changed Reels!" Every single time the "changed reel" symbol came up in a movie Elvis would chime Loudly, "Changed Reels!" Then he counted.... oh...four....five seconds.... until the second circular symbol appears. Of course that was "noted" by elvis also.

Leave a vote/comment if you like.
Let me know what you guys think..