The Spawns | Chapter XXXIV -- Know My Blood Cycle

THE SPAWNS

Know My Blood Cycle

Chapter XXXIV—Jayden

© DarknessAndLight

I followed Maika very reluctantly all the way back to the motel room. I could almost feel the heat of her rage coming off of her. I thought we were past her being furious at me. Clearly, I had reached my quota of observantness for the week.

"I just want to repeat, that I'm not dating Dakota and I had no idea she had a boyfriend and that she was the one kissing him in the middle of the streets, so I had no control over that so I really shouldn't be blamed for anything," I ranted once we were in the motel room and then added, while kind of subtly lowering my hands in front of the family jewels to protect them, "Please don't maltreat my balls again"

Maika was just pacing around the room, clearly oblivious to my plea. "This is awful! I clearly can't be patient. I ain't going through two divorces. My therapist isn't going to shoot us!"

I frowned, thoroughly confused. "What are you even talking about?"

"Therapist have problem Jayden," she said, pointing at me, like any of that made sense, "they kill people that antagonize them. Don't steal their girlfriends."

I huffed in annoyance. "You make no sense."

"Of course I don't, you inconvenient fire drill," she replied slightly hysterically.

I groaned this time, staring at the ceiling. "You incomprehensible turd, use full sentences with clear meaning."

"What's the point, without red hair you're not even going to listen to what I have to say? But oh," she made big goofy unnecessary hand gestures, "who cares about her getting rabies from some homeless dude, as long as you can get some, you'll say yes to any unicellular organism that shows interest in your genitals."

I took a deep breath. Clearly, something was going on here that I had no idea about, so I shouldn't reply too hastily. "What's wrong with you? According to my calendar you're definitely PMSing right now, but you're never that weird."

"Oh yeah, of course, know my blood cycle, but fuck having any kind of self respect," she whined. "Say yes to Dakota the abomination."

"Why are you being so mean?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"

In two steps she closed the distance that had been between us, grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled my face to hers, crashing our lips together without leaving me any time to fully process what she had just said.

Fuck.

And I wrapped my arms around her waist tightly, like I was scared that she would go away and I kissed her back and I realized something. Something my consciousness had tried to keep away from me because I had always restricted myself at seeing her as a sister. Something I had never allowed myself to feel or see, but that Maika had probably known all along. Something I couldn't even begin to comprehend because this was Maika, my best friend from the diapers, the girl who knew absolutely everything about me, the girl who had actually walked in on me jerking off, the girl that had seen me cry and held me in her arms, the first girl I had ever kissed, the girl that had maltreated my balls for years, the girl who saw through me better than anyone.

I loved that girl. Oh my god, I loved her.

Her lips against mine rattled something deep inside me, making me realize how much I'd been starving to feel her like this.