I looked over at Sammie and he had a huge grin spread across his face.

 "I love you, boo." He told me, making my heart flutter.

 "I love you too, babe." I said with a smile.

 A lot of people may think that young people don't know what love is but to me love has no definition. It’s a feeling and nobody can tell me how to feel.

Storm

 "I'm headed to the office, ma. I'll see you later on this evening." I said to Joyful as I gathered my work materials into my briefcase.

 She nodded her head silently. I couldn’t take the silence between us anymore.

 "What's wrong, baby? Talk to me." I asked, sliding my arms around her waist from behind. I bent my head down slightly and started to kiss the spot on her neck that makes her weak.

 She savored the feeling for all of five seconds and then removed herself from my grasp.

 "I'll see you this evening." She stated plainly.

     I can't stand when Joy gets like this. It’s hard getting pass the wall she builds up and through to her. I don't want to argue with her so I'm going to leave it alone.

 "I'll see you later." I said, brushing past her and out the door.

 ---------

 "Mr. Jackson, what happened to you in that conference room today? Your head was not in the game. You were completely zoned out and you weren't following along. That's not something I would expect from one of our firms top performers. That behavior was totally unacceptable." My boss, Mr. Stevens, chastised me.

   He was right. I was totally out of it today and it wasn't acceptable. I couldn't focus because all I could think about was my baby, Joy. I swear, if she aint okay then I can't be okay.

 "I apologize, Mr. Stevens. It won't happen again." I apologized.

 "It better not or you can kiss that senior partner position goodbye." He said, before walking out. I let out a long sigh and laid my head down on the desk after I heard my office door close.

   After a minute or so passed I heard my office door open once again. I raised my head to see none other than Faith. I glanced over her and I noticed something different about her.

     I hate to say it but she was looking right. She had on a short tight-fitting skirt and a button down shirt that put everything on display. This stress must be messing with my head because I aint checked a woman out since I been with Joy.  She's the sexiest woman in the world to me and I mean no other girl can compare to her. That's on the real.