SLUGFEST

SLUGFEST

by KC and Catfish

(to hear the story, click "open external link" at the right-hand side of the page.)

Tom Gettinger had just bought a new stereo. He was about to play his favorite album, "Slugfest", by Rae Ann and the Slime, when someone knocked on his door.

Tom opened it to see his old girlfriend Suellen, standing on the porch. She was holding a small box which she opened to reveal a mass of slugs, crawling over one another.

As Tom looked into the box, she threw it at him and began screaming: "I know what you were about to do. *You know* what that music does to me. Why would you do that?"

Of course Tom had known that Suellen would develop an instant desire to be a slug when the music played. She usually kept her inclinations under control, merely keeping slugs as pets, but the "Slugfest" album caused her to go into deep despair at her very human form. She would spend hours comparing its limitations to the perfection she perceived the form of the slug to have.

Tom put his arm around Suellen and said, "I'm doing it for your own good. Perhaps this time you'll break through your obsession." So while Suellen pleaded for him to stop, Tom started playing "Slugfest" at high volume.

Soon Suellen was in her deep despair, and sadly fondles the slugs she kept in the box. "If only I were one of you," she whispered to them.

At that moment, Tom sped up the record, and Suellen was even more influenced than before, but it made her realize that the form of the slug was only the beginning of perfection. She put them back in their box, and went off in search of post-slug ecstasy.

Tom warily followed, wonder what he had done.

The End