19| Old Man

Corey

There's a lot of pros and cons of having your birthday on December 31. On the good side, there will always be beer and people that thinks it's cool that I'm a New Year's Eve baby. There's plenty of reasons to party and hang out and have a good time. But it's hard to get together and do something with all my friends because people my age want to be at a new year's party and share a new year's kiss with someone who isn't me. But I never minded sharing my birthday, there's no fun in getting older anyway.

And this year there was no winter classic so a bunch of the guys were going to meet up at the bar with no kids or anything. We can just hang out and have fun.

I get to the venue at about 10 and I walk around. Those sober enough to remember tell me happy birthday and I take some pictures to remember this night because after about four more drinks the chances of that happening was zero. I end up talking to Jonny for a while until something catches my eyes.

"Did you invite Jessica to this party" I wonder. They weren't super close but Jonny is halfway thinking about getting her to be his life coach too. Plus they live in the same building so I'm sure he runs into her from time to time.

"I didn't, but maybe Lindsey did" he shrugs.

"I swear that girl over there looks just like her" I say.

"I think that is her" he agrees.

"I doubt it" I mumble.

"You guys still mad at each other" he wonders.

"We were never mad at each other. She was upset with me" I explain.

"Well she seems to be over it because she's coming over" he says.

"I promise you that's not her. She's never been to a bar and she doesn't drink or wear a dress like that" I insist.

"Maybe for you she would" he smirks.

"I don't think-" I start but I stop when someone taps my shoulder. I stop talking before my already troublesome mouth that was now under the influence opens up and says something stupid. Again.

I finally turn around and that's when I see what I thought I saw. Jessica was sitting there all dolled up and I though I was going to pass out she looked so good.

"Umm hey

"Umm hey... Jess" I stutter and she giggles.

"Wow. After all we've through all I get is a Uh hey" she teases.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't expect you to be here.... or to look this sexy" I admit and she blushes.

"Lindsey invited me to the party then I knew it was your birthday so I thought I would come and bring you your gift" she says.

"You didn't have to get me anything" I tease like she did at Christmas and she smiles.

"I wanted to" she says and I smile back.