I need your advice

Note: This was inspired by the 4th chapter of the Colton Dairies, in which Dana is chatting with Cole. This is similar but I tried to add a slight twist.

"Cole, I need some advice." Dana said nervously looking at Cole.

"Sure, man what do you need?" Cole said cheerily, sitting down next to Dana at the lunch table.

"So there's this girl and you see, me and this girl have this thing but it's more flirty than anything else." Dana said trying to express his feelings.

"So, what do you need me to help you with?" Cole inquired looking at Dana's slightly pinker face.

"How do I like ask her out, she not like others girls I talk to, she like really flirty and ridiculously confident. It's almost intimidating." Dana said, exasperated.

"Dana you're flirty too ask her out the way you'd like to be asked out. She won't say know and if this "thing" has been going on for awhile then she must be pretty interested. Just do it." Cole said as if he was pointing out the obvious.

"Sure,okay, I'm going to do it next week when she finishes her shift at the coffee place. Thanks Cole and I'll help you next time" Dana said with a wink.

"No, it cool plus I'm not interested in girls right now." Cole said nonchalantly.

"No but you like Dalton, a lot!" Dana said with a smirk on his face.

"What...um no. I do not like Dalton. you're crazy!" Cole replied trying to hide his most obvious blushing red cheeks.

"C'mon Cole, you and I both know that if he walked in here right now and told something or told you to help him with something or asked you to do something, you would do it." Dana said calmly.

"Nah uh! No way...I wouldn't..." Cole was about to finish but then Dalton walked into the room and began searching for something.

"Hey, Cole"

"Hi, Dalton. what are you searching for?" Cole said completely ignoring the fact that Dana was in the room.

"I'm looking for a smallish box wrapped in blue paper with a little grey bow on it." Dalton replied opening and shutting doors.

"Do you want help with it? I can help if you want me to," replied Cole without having Dalton actually say anything more to him.

"I think I'm good. It's kind of surprise thing." Dalton said just about leaving the room.

"Oh, okay. Bye Dalton." Cole exclaimed before Dalton gave him a wink said, thanks then left the room.

"See," Dana retorted. "You're practically in love with him."

"Okay fine, I like him, a little." Cole replied.

"*cough* liar, liar*cough*" Dana said trying to cover it up like he had been choking on something.

"Shut up! okay well promise me that you won't tell him anything. I don't want to mess things up so I'm not going to talk to him about any of it." Cole said making sure Dana understood.

Little did Cole or Dana know that the box Dalton was looking for was for Cole and that he'd been listen to their conversation for a little while behind the wall.