0.4

CHAPTER 5

Ariana walks into the great Hall her transfiguration textbook under her arm as she struts towards the Gryffindor table. Draco, arm bound in a sling, holds court before a clot of Slytherins.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy sympathies causing Ariana to roll her eyes diverting her course.

"It comes and goes. Still... I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two... and I could've lost the arm." Draco milks his injury, theatrically.

"Shame." Ariana sighs butting into their convosation as they all turn to her as she walks past "Well, fingers crossed for next time." She gestures with her fingers crossed and an exaggerated hopeful face, as the Slytherin's glare.

Harry, Ron and Hermione watch from the Gryffindor table. Ariana drooping down beside Harry as they stare disgusted at them.

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron glares.

Harry sighs as they turn towards each other "At least Hagrid didn't get sacked."

"Yes. But I hear Draco's father's furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this..." Hermione says with a sad frown on her face, worried.

"Yup, I can imagine it now, uncle Lucie sitting in his chair plotting the downfall of Hagrid, also whilst kicking a puppy and plans to burn down orphanages in the back burner." Ariana hums whilst they look worriedly at one another.

The silence falls upon them before turning to see Seamus burst in running up to the table with the paper. "He's been sighted!" They turn. Seamus and the other Gryffindors are huddled over a copy of The Daily Prophet.

"Who?" Ron questions.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus shouts back causing the four look at on another they rush to huddle over too, as Hermione reads over the shoulder of others, whispers half to herself.

"Dufftown? That's not far from here." She said before looking up to see a paling Ariana.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville stutters to the group looking around worried.

"With the Dementors at every entrance?" Lavender asks with astonishment.

"Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Seamus replies as a flicker of fear passes through Harry's and Ariana's face, ben, another Gryffindor boy, starts as they stare grimly at the grainy image of Black. "That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." He grimly replies. However, this is broken when a large slam is heard breaking everyone out of the trance, everyone looks up to see Ariana stood there with a pissed expression picking up her book that she slammed on the table, before stalking out the hall as student part from the path that she's on seeing her expression.