0.3

CHAPTER 4

The four sat at the Gryffindor table, changed into their robes Ariana with her lip gloss applied perfectly as well as the rest of her makeup, hair set in perfect curls with a skirt that was too short in McGonagall's taste, Ariana sat there ignoring some of the lustful stares her way as she made the uniform look like high fashion. There was no doubt about it that Ariana Black was the prettiest girl in their year and other years, desired by many.

The frog choir sang their song as Ariana sat back on the bench attempting to ignore the stares and whispers that accumulated around her father's escape, which ended in a few harsh glares their way if they did glare and whisper from Ariana herself and her friends.

The frog choir concludes and scattered towards their respective houses as Dumbledore walked up to the pedestal wearing a kind smile and happy eyes which always held a glint of magic.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." Dumbledore announces as he gestures to Professor Lupin who stood up gingerly with lightly pink cheeks embarrassed at all the attention as he received an applause.

"Of course! That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." Hermione announces to the group as they applaud.

"Potter!" Malfoy whisper shouts to the group trying to gain their attention. "Potter! Is it true you fainted?" he asks as his friend on the table fake swoons "I mean, you actually fainted?" he says in amusement causing his group to snicker as Ron pulls harry back as Ariana stands up "I'll give you something to faint over Malfoy." Ariana stands up clenching her fists together as they all turn around knowing that Ariana doesn't hold empty threats, learnt from previous incidents which usually left one of Malfoys goons in the hospital wing. Hermione seeing her friend about to launch over the table pulls Ari down, Harry catching her eye giving Ariana a thankful smile getting one in return.

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" Professor Dumbledore announces to the school, as Harry, Ron, Ariana and Hermione stare at each other stunned then applaud vigorously with big smiles. Hagrid turns ruby red, rises, and nearly topples the staff table, sending water goblets weaving as professor McGonagall elbows Hagrid to rise, the result being laughs from the student body as they cheer louder mainly from the Gryffindor table as Fred, George and Ariana all send mischievous smirks to each other.