Chapter 1 :

Anaisha's  POV

Hope

[hōp]

NOUN

 A feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.

My whole life is pivoted on this 4 letter word, it keeps me going: hope to find my "great perhaps", hope to find my "purpose" or the hope to get enough caffeine before exams. Hope is the reason I am alive and hope is the reason I die a  little every day.

Hi I am Anaisha, Anaisha Talwar, Singaporean legally and Indian by heart. I don't know if you believe in miracles or love but my story would definitely change your mind.

It was 9th august 2014, Singapore's national day and all of my friends were getting ready for the fireworks show at Marina bay, it is splendid, marvelous and one of it's kind.

One thing I loved the most about the national day was the multicultural dance programs every year.

I vividly remember the night sky dazzling with fireworks, the speakers blasting " Delhi wali girlfriend chodh chadh ke" and the moment my eyes fixated on a face, nervousness creeped in , my hands started trembling. "He is back", I whispered to my best friend Myra.

M: Who is?

A: Look to your right.

M: oh my God, that's Vihaan, Vihaan Bakshi, the guy who..

A: Don't , I am fine, look at him he is with someone else, let's just enjoy the fireworks.

I might have tried to effortlessly avoid him, but destiny had some other plan, we were seated next to each other during the firework show.

Vihaan: Oh my God, Anaisha it's you, You look ..... different.

Anaisha: Vi... I mean Vihaan, When did you come back From Delhi?

Vihaan: This month, I got into James cook university, what's up with you?

Anaisha: What are the odds! I got into JCU too.

Vihaan: Wow! So you still enjoy fireworks ?

Anaisha: Ofcourse!

I remember when we were together before Vihaan moved to Delhi , we never missed an opportunity to attend firework shows, maybe that was the only similarity we shared.

Amidst the hooting crowd and the bursting of crackers I still remember how swiftly he whispered " Tere liye hi to signal tod-taad ke

Aaya Dilli wali girlfriend chhod-chhaad ke"

I swear my face shone brighter than all the fireworks in the sky.

My dreamy thoughts were intervened by harsh reality when he said "I want you to meet someone".

Vihaan grabbed a girl by her waist and said " Meet  prisha, my girlfriend and Prisha she is Anaisha my..."

A: Childhood friend.

P: Hi Anaisha nice to meet you.
Prisha stared at me with suspicion and shifted her gaze back to Vihaan , she held his shirts button inching closer to him.

A: So where did you guys met?
P: Well we met in Delhi 6 months ago, in my cousin's wedding, he was wearing a lovely Sherwani and without any doubt the most handsome guy fell for the most beautiful girl , hahaha Pyaar toh hona hi tha, right na baby?

Vihaan shifted uncomfortably forcing a smile and nodded in agreement.

Wow he has changed a lot, I remember when we were together he absolutely hated being called "baby" or anything but his name. He must really love her .

I slipped into comfortable PJs and pulled over the blanket, it had been a really long day.

*Flasback*

Anaisha: Vi are you ready?

Vihaan: Just a minute Anaisha , I am fixing my hair.
Anaisha: Vi I am a girl and I got ready 20 minutes before you, I am a disgrace to my kind.
Vihaan: Okay I am done , let's go I don't want to miss the fireworks.

Anaisha: Sure.., Baby will you drive?

Vihaan: *laughs hysterically* Are you drunk? Since when did you started calling me baby, stop this cringy name changing game. God never call me anything but Vihaan, even Vi sounds embarrassing sometimes.

Vihaan was a realist and I was a dreamer, we were opposite ends of a magnet, maybe that's why we had this unexplainable affinity for each other.