two

C H A P T E R        T W O

08:07am — Harry

 Amy happily jumps around while she tightly holds her father's hand. Her eyes widen when they enter the huge World Trade Center. A few people greet Harry and Amy tries to hide behind his leg. The building is a huge and so many people are in there. Amy has never seen so many people in one building before.

 They both enter the elevator and Amy happily presses the number 86, "Is that high, like really really high, Daddy?"

 "Yes very, darling. You can look above most of the buildings of New York there." Harry tells her absent. A few other businessmen greet him quietly when they enter the elevator and Harry gives them a nod. Amy pushes herself behind his father's leg, ending up pressed between Harry's legs and the wall of the elevator.

 Harry knew right from the beginning that bringing his daughter to work would be exhausting and sometimes even annoying but he had to satisfy Valerie somehow.

 Don't get him wrong, Harry loves his quirky, little, now five-year old daughter but she has to be entertained all the time. And Harry can't do that while he is working. But he knew that Valerie and Amy would be happy if he took his daughter with her so he did.

 "Do you think Mrs.Parker has cookies like last time?"

 "I don't think so," Harry answers and tightens his grip a bit to demonstrate her to hold still, "I haven't informed her yet that you are coming with me so she couldn't prepare anything."

 "You know, I think Mrs.Parker is very nice."

 "Yeah," Harry mumbles and sees the two last people exit the elevator on floor 85, "Next one is our floor, Amy."

 "Can I run to Mrs.Parker then? I wanna scare her!" Amy asks excited and a small fire in her pale blue eyes blazes up.

 "No, Amy, you stay on my hand till we arrive at the reception. And later on you don't go anywhere without telling me or Mrs.Parker. This is a very big house and I don't wanna lose you here, okay?"

 "But I can't tell you where I am when we play hide and seek."

 "Well, we are not going to play hide and seek, darling. I have to work." Harry explains to her and Amy sighs. Slowly, she realizes that her day hanging around here is going to be very boring. And she also realizes that her Daddy taking her to his work doesn't automatically mean that her Daddy is going to spend time with her.

 The elevator makes a high Ping! noise and the doors slowly open. But Harry quickly steps out and heads for the reception where Susan—Mrs.Parker—is sitting. Her grey eyes happily widen when he sees the daughter of her boss.

 "Good morning, Susan," Harry greets her, "Please print me a list of my today's dates and keep an eye on my daughter Amy. In case she wants to go anywhere else, please inform me but don't interrupt me from 9:30 to 10 o'clock because I have an important meeting then."

 "Of course, Mr.Styles." Susan says as she sits back down on her swivel chair. "And how are you today, Amy?"

 "Today's my birthday!" She happily says and tucks on Harry's hand, "And Daddy took me with him."

 "Well, then Happy Birthday." Susan says and gestures her to come around the counter. Harry watches his daughter before he leaves the foyer to get into his office.

 To that time Harry didn't know that this might be the last time he has seen his daughter.