Chapter 14-Awake

I felt a throbbing in my head, I groaned and opened my eyes ever so slightly and winced at the sunlight. I used my hand to shade my eyes and looked around. I was in my room, i could tell by the black and teal comfortor and the pictures on the walls, i was alone.

The last thing i remember was laying on a metal table downstairs. I stretched my arms out, I felt better, stronger, but still drowsy. I sat up to look at myself and see im in my favourite Superman tee and black cotton shorts. 'Who the hell dressed me ?'

"Me actually." I spun around to see Ava leaning against the doorframe. I must of spoke outloud. "How you feeling ?"

"Better thanks," I swung my legs off the bed and stood up, i stumbled a little but regained balance, I walked over to my window seat and sat down to get some fresh air, i opened the window and took a deep breath. "How long was I out ?"

"Five days, six if you include the day you first pasted out."

"How are you doing ? With Eric being gone and all." I still wouldnt look at her.

"Actually, I the most happy ive ever been. I dont think I've ever felt this good." Ava beamed at me.

"Glad to hear it. How's everyone doing with it all ?" Meaning the Alfie betrayal, Eric's attack and me being practically dead for the last five days.

"Good as can be expected. Faye, Rylie and most of the guys are just waiting for you to wake. Alec has barely said a word to anyone and Trent is constantly punching the crap out of the gym stuff."

"Where have you guys been staying ? You and Alec ?"

"Spare rooms here, we wanted to see you when you woke up."

"You know that since I am technically your Alpha, and you are apart of the pack you can stay here in defiantly. If you want of course." I finally turned to look at her. "We've got the room and you have proved yourselves to the pack."

"Really ? I mean, it's kind of you but after my uncle's betrayal-"

"But nothing. You have shown that you care for the pack and saved the Alpha's life, I could ask for nothing more from a pack member."

"You mean it ?" Ava was trembling, she'd barely had a good life, now she had a place to call home for her and her brother.

"Yes." She gave into the tears and hugged me tight.

"Thank you,"

"It's okay," I patted her back then stepped back.

"If it's not too much to ask, how did you know about the Greene Pack. About their Alpha's daughter ?"

"Because it was me, my father banished me once i covered for Faye he banished me from the pack for good."

"I'm Sorry."

"It's fine. I'm over it. Now, I really want to see everyone but right now my wolf is very restless and if I don't wolf up this very moment, I may just implode."

"Okay, do you want to run alone or ..."

"I think i need to go alone, clear my head and stuff. Don't tell the guys I'm up or that I left, i'll talk to them later." I quickly grabbed my Black leggings and a Batman tank top, striped off the superman tee and shorts, shifted and grabbed the clothes in my teeth and jumped out the already open window. Since my room was on the second floor the drop wasnt that bad.

I ran and ran until i reached the cliff edge to look over the town. It felt good to have a release. I hadn't turned since the night everyone welcomed Faye to the pack. I smile remembering the games afterwards.

I sigh thinking over everything thats happened, Alfie dying but then seeing him, getting shot twice, Eric and Alfie both dead after the betrayal. It wasn't fair. I couldnt think why Alfie would turn on me, I had been a fair and kind Alpha, never judgemental, never cruel, if they did wrong I punished them but nothing to make them want me dead.

The tears i fought so hard to keep inside all came rushing out. I cried for the friend I lost. I cried for the life i lost all thoose years ago. I cried for every time I ever got knocked down, but like everyother time I get up, hold my head high and don't let it take me down.

I strip the clothes and run back home to face the music. About two miles away i hear shouting, i reconised the voices as Alec and Trent. Aw crap.

I shift back and get dressed. I find a pair of my doc martins under a bush and put them on and start running towards the voices. As i reached the clearing outside the house i see Alec and Trent beating the crap out of eachother with Ava, Rylie and Faye are shouting to stop while Kyle, Hayden and Nate try to pull them off eachother. I was close enough I could see them and hear everything but far enough that all they had to do was look up and they'd see me. I watched for a while as they kept at it, finally Hayden and Kyle held Trent back as Nate and Ava held onto Alec. But as usual Trent being Trent got loose very quickly and with that so did Alec, just as they got ready to lunge at eachother i let out my signiture whistle. They stopped instantly and looked to where i was leaning against a tree smirking.

"Whatever you guys do, dont kill eachother. I've seen enough death to last me a lifetime." I try to keep my tone light and jokey but everyone remained silent.

"You're awake ?" Alec's voice broke the silence.

"Yep, woke up an hour ago, I went for a run, to have a breather." I anwsered all the quistions everyone wanted to the anwsers to but too scared to ask.

"And you're okay ?" Trent's voice broke on the last word. It must of been hell to see your Alpha lying there, basically dead.

"Yeah. I'm okay." I smiled as everyone ran to me for a group hug. We all laughed and held on tight, I turned and saw Ava and Alec standing back a bit, not joining in on the hug. "C'mere you two." I opened my arms and they happily joined in on the pack love.