chapter 9

My brother, Charles, stood infront of me looking confused and in awe.

     He more like a man then a boy he had grown out his beard and looked tired. He had green eyes, his blondish brown hair was grown out and shaggy, he had on green pants with brown boots and a white loose shirt.

  The other two men in the tent faded away and it was only my brother and i.

One was older and shorter then my brother and the other man. He had a mean look about him with the grey beard and his grey shaggy hair. The other was taller and more lean then my brother and the other man. No facial hair, more properly dressed. Like as if he was in the middle of a city.

    But all i could focus on was my big brother. Charles.

  I felt like a statue, sealed to the ground, frozen in time i couldnt move.

I was confused, angry, sad, relieved and happy all at the same time.

"Ariana," he said in barely a whisper. It broke me. His voice. Its just how i remembered.

We both rushed forward at the same time and hugged each other.

  "Oh my little sister!" He lifted me up swinging me around.
   I heard the chuckles of the men that was behind us.

  He sat me down taking my hands in his he stepped back and looked me up and down.

  "You grew up! You look beautiful! How is this even possible? Who did this?" He sat me down and turned around to his 'friends'.

They shook their heads and look at one another. Charles looked back at me confused.

"Then how? How did you end up here?"

"Aunt Thea sent me this way. Something  has happened to father! They came after me too but i overheard some men, and went to warn Aunt thea! But something tells me she knew something because she had a bag and things ready for me to run! I almost got caught!" I was speaking so fast that Charles brought me in for another hug. He then  shushed me and cooed at me like i was a upset child.

"My dear little sister, it will be all right now. You're safe. I wont let anyone take you away."

I was laying my head on his shoulder when one of the other men spoke.

   "So what happened to your father?" They asked somewhat softly. As if they needed to know but didnt want to upset me.

  "They said he was caught in a plot to kill the king. Or something of that nature. They were suppose to bring me back to his majesty to work off his depts..." i stopped and looked up at my brother. "Our house.. our lands. They took it all. Im sorry there wasnt anything i could do."

He was suppose to inherit whenever father choosed so. But now that was gone.

  "I wasn't wanting those lands, i told father to leave them to you or sell them to give you the best chance of a life. I was too busy here." He admitted.

  "Where is here?" I asked cluelessly.

  He looked from me to the other men and sighed deeply. "We will talk about it at another time. When your rested. Lets go get you settled somewhere." He explained.

   He started escorting me out of the tent but not before nodding at the other men who was just standing there watching us leave.

He escorted me into a tent near to the bigger one we just left that had a woman in it who was maybe my age in. The tent flaps were wide open wich seemed more friendly to go in.

  She had brillant raven color long hair that was braided to one side and she definitely had fair skin. She had deep brown eyes that seemed nice and calming. But she was in pants and a mans shirt and vest on.