Chapter 2

After gathering eggs for our cook Oliver, i was sent off to pick vegetables and herbs for him as well.

He was a bigger man, most chefs were, he had no hair, a big belly, and was somewhat short. Atleast shorter then my father and brother who were a half foot or more taller then Oliver. He was middle age as well. He was always happy to see me, always happy to feed me and anyone else who came into the kitchen.he loved to laugh and love to make others laugh as well. He wasnt bad looking, had blue eyes that crinkled when he smiled, he still had all his teeth, and he was very intelligent.

When my mother was alive she had our cook make food for bot only our family but poor families too.

It was one thing he did now out of respect for my mother. I would have to help and deliver some of the food a few miles down the road too a family that had many children. The father and mother was always hard working but they just never had enough.

I always went on horseback on one of my favorite horses we had. He was white but had speckles of black all over him so naturally when we got him i named him after the spice called 'Pepper.' He was the only hores to let me ride bare back.

After the food was delivered and i was out of sight of their house, i got off Pepper and started to walk with him following me.

I never took the time just to enjoy nature like i use too. But today i needed a peace of mind and a nice walk just might do that.

I walked holding Pepper's reigns. I focused on the sounds of the birds and the leaves rustling in the wind. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes for a moment enjoying the morning sun on my face.

It took a but to walk back but it was worth it. All nervousness i had when i woke up was gone.
I put Pepper in his stall, and returned into the house.

Aunt Thea was talking with one of our few maids in the hall. But when she saw me she dismissed her and smiled at me.

  "All done dear?" Aunt Thea asked.

  "Yes, if you still want me to accompany  you to town it will only take a minute to go change." I explained.

  She grabbed my hands for a minute catching me off gaurd. She had a look on her face that made me think she had bad news to tell me. But before she said anything else she took a deep breath and the look went away.

  "Go get dressed, we will be leaving within the hour." She said letting go of my hands.

    I nodded and turned to head up stairs, but not before giving her a second look.

     She seemed too much in her own thoughts to notice. She new something, something of importance.

    I made it up in my room before i even thought of what it could be..

    "Oh no, it can't be that." I whispered to myself.

     'A arranged marriage.'  Was all i could think.
    They were less common now but still happened.

My father must have had someone interested in me. They must have came to town just to see me. Thats why my aubt Thea wanted me to look so nice.

   What am i to do? I didnt want to get married! I would have to talk to aunt Thea, there would be no way that i would get married to anyone i didnt know! Ever!

   I hurried and got dressed knowing if i put up a fight now i wouldnt be able to get out of it. But maybe i could talk to my aunt and have her get me out of this.

   I slipped off my work shoes for my nice pink shoes that had a heel. I slipped off my under dress for another under dress that had flowers sewn into the bust of it.  Then i slipped on the thin ,long, flowy, off the shoulder, pink dress. I let my curly hair out of the braid and it fell in curly waves off my shoulders. It only took a moment to braid a stran on each side to pull to the back of my hair so it would stay out of my face.

    I sighed looking at myself in my small mirrior. I hopped that i didnt look too presentable. That whoever this was Aunt Thea was planning on meeting that i didnt impress him. Maybe he would even back out of his purposal.

My aunt called up the stairs for me telling me the carriage was ready.
I hollered down that i would be right there.

  Lets only hope that i could get out of this.

How is it so far?! Comment and let me know what you think!

   Vote if you love it and want more!