chapter 4

Aunt Thea surpsingly said yes. It really didnt take much convincing, wich really surprising. When i asked her when she said yes she  laughed.

    "You never have asked to go before. I never let you go when you were younger because i didnt want to escourt you and let you make a fool of yourself. But now you are smart enough to handle yourself, deary."
   The explanation was so simple to me. A bit too simple.

I was a good kid, but i would always act rashly when i was angry. It was one of my faults. So for her to avoid it altogether was smart on her part.

  Marys mom who was standing with her picking different fabrics smiled at me.  Marys mom never truly got out much she was always hard at work making the most wonderful dresses.

    I swear if she was a bit skinnier, her daughter and her could be twins. It was un canny that they looked so much alike. It was like looking into Mary's future. 

    "Ill make sure she end up home safely, Thea, there wont be nothing to worry about." Marys mom reassured my aunt.

   My aunt nodded and smiled at us.
  It didnt take much time to pass before she left.

We passed the time by going to the bakery and talking with marys father as they baked together.

Now Mary's father, the only thing Mary got of his was his wisdom and the love of baking. They were somewhat magical at it. 

He was tall, it was said he was from a line of small giants, and thats why he was tall. But he barely stood over any normal sized man. He always wore his poofy white long sleeved shirt and his brown apron wich was always covered in flour.  He had black hair just like his wife and child but not as dark. He had brown eyes and a strong jaw line. He was always so focused in his work he made every single piece of bread or dessert perfectly.

They had me sit in the kitchen with them.  Last time i tried to bake i burnt 5 loafs of bread, after that Marys father wouldnt let me cook again.

But in the middle of joking around someone came in. We were laughing when two kings gaurds pushed the curtain aside making me jump and look over my shoulder in surprise.

Both was in armor with red cloaks over their shoulders.

One was more lanky then the other, had shaggy brown hair with brown eyes he was handsome but didnt capture my attention as much as the other gaurd did.

   He was handsome, and was tall and muscular. He had blonde hair that had braids in it and it was halfway pulled back out of his face. He had the most stunning blueish grey eyes ive ever seen. Its like they were glowing. But his face even though handsome it was scarred and covered in dirt.
He was absolutely terrifying, and intimidating.

The way he stared at me scared me to my core. It was a intese stare that felt as if he was angered by my very presence.

My body started trembling before i relized it. I couldnt help but stare back for a moment before i snapped out of it.
   I quickly turned away from them.

Since i was higher ranked atleast as far as i knew i wasnt allowed to fully acknowledge someone until they addressed me.  Mary moved to stand behind me to block me from their veiw.

   "How can i help you sir?" Marys father asked.

  It felt like a eternity before the brown hair man answered back.

   "I have a small group of men that has to be fed. Ill pay for 50 loaves of bread." His voice was deep yet smooth.
  I wanted the other man to speak.. to say something anything.