Prologue

"So, this school looks pretty fancy..." a young male walked down the hallways of Ouran Academy. He was different to the majority of the students that attended, "It's almost like they're overcompensating for something,"

He was what they called: 'a commoner'. And to them, it showed in his appearance. He wore the Ouran boys school uniform; blue blazer with the school patch embroidered onto the breast pocket and black pants. However, his sleeves had been rolled up and wore a beanie with a pair of shades. His face also was covered with a few bruises and healing cuts.

He wandered around Ouran's countless hallways. He had no idea where he was as the royal-esque hallways seemed to be endless. He had only been here for a few minutes and was already having second thoughts about attending.

The brochure painted Ouran in a positive light, showing exam pass rate statistics and advertising qualifications that employers would kill for. However, they forgot to mention that this school was mainly accessible to the filthy rich. Most of whom acted like ignorant, spoilt, snobs.

You might be asking what a 'commoner' like him was doing in a school as prestigious as this. It all started around 14 weeks ago. He had enlisted to become a a member of the US marine corps, as soon as the age of 17, and endured 13 weeks of misery caked with mud, sweat and salty tears. 
He somehow managed to come out intact and graduated into a marine combat engineer. Unfortunately for him, he got dicked over in the most annoying way possible. Apparently he was missing a certain qualification and until he got it he couldn't go into active service. Why here? The academy's track record didn't lie, even if it was full of stuck up rich kids.

"Dad, how's it up there? Guarding heavens gate?" the boy paused for a minute and looked out of the window, towards the clouds above, "Better than down here, I hope..."

He wandered further down the school, in a seemingly abandoned part of the building, "Great, now I'm fucking lost. This day can't get any worse than it already is,"

As he turned the corner something caught his eye. A dark, mahogany door with the words 'Music Room #3' inscribed on a gold plated sign hanging above the door. He was about to push open the door and ask anyone who happened to be inside for directions but something prevented him from doing so. A feeling inside his gut.

What was it? Dread? Fear? No, it was a feeling of unease he got when he had to respond to his drill instructor for the first time. And it crawled all over him like a nest of spiders.

He chuckled to himself, "What the hell am I thinking?"

It wasn't like Gunny was waiting behind the door to smoke his ass. He laughed at the thought,

"What's the worse that could happen?"

If only he could take what he said back...

Upon opening the door he was greeted with a face full of petals.

"Ah, fuck!" he sputtered spitting out a mouthful of rose petals, "I'm allergic as well!"

Awaiting him was a group of 7 quite handsome boys of literal different shapes and sizes. They were almost positioned in a way that made him think this was planned or were just waiting for him.

"Welcome to the host club!"

And thus began Y/N L/N downward spiral into oblivion, beginning the best, worst and weirdest 2 years of his life.

Semper Fi