2.

Emerald POV

I was at my desk once again working overtime. It was a regular thing though. I looked at the clock and it read 8:27pm.

I finished up the papers, and bank statements that needed to be handled. I got up and started walking towards Mr.Smith's office.

I opened the door and was in shock. I hurried up and closed the door. I gathered my things and left the office. I walked in on my boss, Mr.Smith, fucking some bimbos brains out.

Tomorrow is going to so awkward and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it.

The next day I woke up, and did my hygiene routine. My outfit consisted of a black fitting skirt, a nude blouse, a black blazer, and nude LouBoutins. I combed down my wrapped straightened hair, and applied lip gloss.

I got to the coffee shop and ordered for Mr.Smith, getting myself a french vanilla latte as well.

I walked into the office with my head held high. I was going to be an adult about the situation.

I made sure I knocked. When he called for me to come in, I came in and sat his croissant and coffee down while saying, "GoodMorning Mr.Smith".

"Next time, knock"

I swear, he was the biggest jackass.

"Sure thing Mr.Smith. I apologize. It was thoughtless of me" I smiled.

He nodded. "You have a twelve-thirty meeting, followed by a business lunch with Mr.Taylor at three o'clock" I handed him his schedule and preps. With that, I walked out.

I was at my desk when I got news I never wanted to hear. My grandma had died. I knew she was really sick, and she was passing away but I felt bad. I never went out there to tell her goodbye or spend time with her.

I hung up the phone and cried. The phone was ringing off the hook, most likely calls for Mr.Smith, but I couldn't bear to talk to anyone right now. I was too heartbroken.

My granny and I were close, and it hurt. I never prepped myself for her actual death.

I wiped my tears and grabbed my things. I had to leave, I couldn't be here. I walked to Mr.Smith's office and knocked. He yelled for me to come in and I did.

I closed the door. "Yes?"

"Can I have the day off?"

"No"

"Please sir, you don't understa-"

"I said NO! Now get out of my office"

That's it, I had had enough. "LOOK you fucking asshole! My grandma just died! All I'm asking you is for ONE FUCKING DAY OFF! You're so rude and evil to me for no reason! I've done nothing but be the best secretary for you, and all you do is treat me like SHIT! So you know what, FUCK YOU! I QUIT!"

Before he could respond I stormed off, with tears in my eyes. I couldn't believe him.

That same night, I got a call. I looked at the caller ID and It read, Mr.Smith. After hesitating, I answered.

"Hello"

"Yes. Emerald?"

"Yea"

"Look I just wanted to apologize. I was wrong and out of line. I know I've been a asshole, and I'm sorry. I'm sorry about your grandma. But please, don't quit. The company needs you. You can take a month off, with pay"

I sighed, "Okay"

"Okay?" he asked surprised.

"Yes. I'll come back"

"Good! Thank you! Again, I'm sorry"

"Okay"

There was a pause, we both said nothing.

"Goodnight Emerald"

"Goodnight Mr.Smith"

I said and hung up the phone. Wow, that was strange.