Chapter Five

Dean stood up suddenly, knocking the pillow he was sitting on to the ground. A look of shock passed over Sam's face, but it was replaced by calm within seconds. "I'm sorry, you must have us confused with someone else. My name is David and my partner's name is Mike."

I saw Sam making small motions with his hand to Dean, trying to calm his brother. It wasn't working. I could see rage and hatred burning in Dean's eyes, and I involuntarily took a step back, fear blossoming in my chest.

"Miss, can I ask you to accompany me? I'd like to ask you a few questions about Sara's death." Dean's voice was calm. "David, why don't you stay here?"

"Sure thing, Mike." The false names passed between the brothers seamlessly, and I would've believed them if I didn't know who they really were.

As Dean started walking over to me, I shrunk back, scared to look into the brilliant green of his eyes. He grabbed my arm with enough force to ensure I followed, but still look friendly. Just before I was pulled out of the living room, I shot Mickey a look that said 'If I don't make it back alive, tell my mum I love her.' The look I received matched the terror I felt.

Pushing me into the kitchen, Dean shut the door behind us, and my heart sunk as I heard the lock click. Making the mistake of turning my back on the hunter, I said: "Look, I know what you're thinking but I promise you I'm not-"

I was interrupted as Dean viciously spun me around and slammed me against the wall, my head making an extremely large thump. Instantly, his arm was at my throat, pinning me to the plasterboard, the cold bite of a gun pressed against my stomach. I whimpered slightly, pushing up onto my toes to regain the ability to breathe.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean's voice had lost its calm quality, now low and intense, the kind of scary that was silently terrifying.

"Please, I didn't-"

"Shut up." Dean rammed his arm further into my throat, bringing black spots from the edge of my vision.

"Technically, you asked me a question."

It probably wasn't the smartest idea to provoke the dangerous man holding a gun to my stomach, but my oxygen deprived brain wasn't thinking straight.

"I. Said. Shut it!" Dean pushed the gun further into my gut, making me wince in pain. "You a demon?"

"What? No-"

"Christo."

Dean looked at me, expecting something to happen. Nothing did. He faltered.

"Shapeshifter then." Taking his arm off my throat, but keeping the gun on my stomach, Dean opened a drawer nearby and rifled through it. I took little notice, gulping down air, my throat raw. Pulling something from the drawer, Dean returned his attention to me. Looking at what he had, my eyes grew wide and my mouth fell open. Dropping the gun momentarily, he grabbed my arm again and drew the large silver knife across my palm. I gasped in pain, then glared at him, the fear leaving my body.

"What the hell? Are you nuts? I'm not a shapeshifter, or a demon. I'm human," I declared.

"Bullshit. You can't be. How else would you know about us?" Dean drew the gun back up, this time to rest between my eyes. I closed them briefly, quenching the fear and nausea that rose. When I opened them, I was calm.

Dean looked frantic, trying hard not to accept what I had said. I held my hands up next to my head and said quietly: "My name is Allison Page. In 1998 your father, John Winchester, helped my mother and I kill a ghost, one that had killed my father. I know who you are because I hacked your police record."