(37) Don't look so shocked.

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad to hear it," I replied strongly. I didn't want to show her I was badly affected, for her sake and for mine.

"I loved you, I still love you as a mother should, I did, I didn't mean to cause you any harm, I feel sickened even thinking about it, sick to the hilt," she let out just as strong, almost as if she was angry with herself.

"It's okay," I whispered. Was it? I didn't know, I just wanted to reassure her. "I understand," I didn't, not fully, but understand that she was ill and needed help. "Things could have been much worse," I could have been killed if Kyle hadn't had stopped what was going on. Kyle, how I love him.

"If I impaled that knife, you could have...you could have-"

"Stop, mom, you're thinking too much in to this," even though it was true. "Just move on, I'm trying to," my mother swallowed.

"Please take my forgiveness, Cali, let me rest at night knowing you don't hate me,"

"Like you used to hate me?" I snapped back, I didn't mean to.

"I told you I didn't hate you, I couldn't, you're my daughter," she said lowly. I let out a calming breath.

"I'm sorry, I'm just still a little hurt about it all," I looked down into my lap.

"As you should be, my mother used to be the same," she stated and I looked to her quickly. I never knew who my grandma was, my mothers mom, because she died before I was born. She died quite young.

"She disliked me, hated me to the core, she really did," her eyes clouded with the memory.

"You don't have to tell me," she shook her head and continued.

"She acted the same way I did with you, and I was scared I was going to be like her, and I was, but worse. It killed her though, and I didn't want it to kill me," she let out a breath. "I didn't want you not to have a mother, even though I was a shitty one," I gasped at her choice of words, she never liked using such words.

"Wow," I breathed and she nodded.

"And it pains me to know you're father, my love, will be gone, and you'll be fatherless, and that's why I want to make it right so badly," she pleaded. She was desperate, I could sense it, hear it.

"You can make it right, I think," I was skeptical, but I wanted us to be okay.

"I'll beg for your forgiveness," she stated. "Whatever it takes, I want my two beautiful daughters back, but I know it will take more for you, I was worse with you after all," I didn't know what to say, and once again she made me speechless.

We stated silent for a few minutes, and I knew deep down I really wanted to move on. I knew what I had to do, and that was to forgive, I may regret it, but it was for my father too.

"I forgive you," I let out shakily.

"Really?"

"Really," I pulled my lips up into a smile to show her, I hope she believed me. I hope we could move on.

Suddenly, a giggle escaped my mothers lips, and I was shocked at the sound. My mother was always so stoney faced, always so emotionless and bleak, the sound surprised me more than it should have.

"Don't look so shocked, I used to laugh a lot when I was younger, I just got a bit sour in my old age. I'm better now, I feel happier, as you can see," she giggled again and I couldn't help but join her.

"Look after your father for me, and don't let Kyle go, he adores you, I knew it then when I met him, and I believe you're still together?" I nodded my head and she smiled, "good, tell him you love him as many times as you can, never let him forget, men are on another planet, sometimes they get insecure too. He loves you and he can protect you, that's something to hold on to," she smiled shyly. I nodded my head again.

"I will, mom,"

"And don't rush on the grand kids, I'm just about getting my daughters back," she winked my way and I looked to her with wide eyes.

"I'm definitely not ready for that,"

"Don't worry, Cali, you'll never turn out like me and your grandma, you're different; stronger, loving and you easily forgive," is that what made the idea of kids so scary? Knowing I'd turn out like my mother and hers?

She stands up and I know I've been dismissed. She pulls me into a hug and I hug her back this time with no hesitations. She kisses me cheek and says her goodbyes.

"Visit me again, I can get a little bored and lonely,"

"I will, I promise," and I meant it.

"Don't forget what I said, love your heart away, and look after your father, I know he needs you more than ever now," I nod my head and my eyes well up again. A tear sets free and she wipes it away with her thumb.

"Don't cry, everything will be okay, trust me," and I'm thankful for her loving actions. After all this time, I've needed it.

"Thanks, mom," I reply as I sniff. She smiled sweetly and I walk to the door. I open it and give my mother one last look before leaving.

I walk straight into Kyle's opened arms and snuggle into him. He kisses my forehead.

"How was it?" He breaths as he buries his nose in my hair.

"I'll tell you in the car," I state. He nods his head.

"Not all bad then?" I shake my head. "Good, I'm glad," he smiles down at me and I smile back up at him. He pecks my lips, entwines his hand through mine and leads me back to his car.

Suddenly, I'm pushed back against his car again. He crashes his lips to mine and I groan, lost and wanting.

"You kiss me with so much love, I'm crazy for it, for you,"

"You know I love you," he hums in reply and slowly travels his lips up my neck and to my ear.

"I can't wait to get you home," Kyle breaths in my ear. I shiver with excitement and anticipation.

"Take me home then," I mutter and he opens the door to let me in.

"As you wish baby,"

---------------------------

It's small but I'm on holiday so I had to rush this a little with the wifi I pay 3 lev for, you have no idea:) but anything for you guys!

Love you guys loads, seriously all the messages and everything! You guys are amazing every single on of you.

Hope you enjoyed this:)x