Chapter 8: Kitsune

Začít od začátku

His eyes flickered to the page she was on and frowned. "That's dark magic. You said that we weren't supposed to use those spells no matter what." He crossed his arms over his chest as he stepped into her bedroom.

"I know, I was just checking something that's all." She assured him, now eyeing the exhausted expression he wore. "Shouldn't you be a work and why are you wearing a suit?" School had started a few hours ago and she was surprised to see him still here.

He wore a secret smile. "I had something I needed to take care of today so I took the day off. By the way, do you have any idea on what this means?" He set a piece of paper with the backwards five that was in the back of his ear. He thought that if the whole ordeal with Katashi didn't work that maybe she might know something.

Her mouth set in a hard line as she stared at the symbol on the piece of paper. "I've seen this before." She muttered, going over to her shelf filled with books and started muttering a spell under her breath. An old, worn out book fell into her hands and she set it on the table, and started flipping through the pages. Once she landed on the page with the back words five and her eyes brightened up. "Aha. It's the japanese kanji for self." She told him.

He blinked. "That's it? Self?" He uttered in disbelief and his phone started ringing. He saw who was calling him and sighed. "Well thanks for that but, I gotta go." He quickly rushed without letting her question him on why he needed to know what that meant.

Grace exhaled, shaking her head lightly and went back to looking through her family's grimoire. She needed to put a stop Sylvia in order to protect Imogen and anyone else that woman might end up hurting.

Even if it meant using dark magic.

.

▷▷▷

.

"They're really taking the whole protecting you very seriously

"They're really taking the whole protecting you very seriously." Imogen muttered, glancing every now and then at the twins who were standing at the end of the hallway. On the other side of the hallway were Isaac and Lia. Apparently the blonde hadn't gone to the party because the demonic ninja had marked her last night.

Scott's face scrunched up at the reminder. "Yeah, they are but I mean, Isaac and Lia have been following you all day too." He pointed out and glanced at the four. "Can they hear us?"

She shook her head. "No, I said a spell before I walked over to you. They think that every time we open our mouths it's to flirt so they won't really know what we're talking about." She furrowed her brows. "Why?"

He suddenly grinned at her. "Because I thought of a way of how we can ditch all four of them and meet at my house like we planned." He said, placing his hands on her cheeks. "Kira knows where to meet us, right?" The three of them were the only supernaturals left that had yet to be marked by those demonic ninja.