(1) Falling Apart

Aphmaus POV-
I slowly opened my eyes turning my head and watching the clock tick. It was Saturday morning and I was supposed to meet Aaron at the park around 1 pm.

Aaron is my boyfriend of about 7 months, I liked him a lot I guess you could say, love is too strong of a word to use for someone you've only known for such a short period of time. But he is very special to me, and I hope one day I can say I love him.

I slowly sat up in my bed and grabbed my phone. I had a text from Katelyn..

Katelyn: wanna meet for coffee?

Me: sure! I'll be over in about 30 minutes

Katelyn: okayyy, love u aphie

Me: love u too katie

Katelyn and I have been friends for pretty
much my entire life, we met on the first day of kindergarten, and I absolutely love her!!

I got out of bed and threw on some clothes. I wore a dark purple crop top with black shorts and my black vans.

I threw my hair in a messy bun and put on some mascara, I don't usually wear makeup but i guess i just felt like it today.

I walked to the kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I sat at the table and ate slowly, scrolling through instagram.

I finished eating and put my bowl in the dish washer and headed to the front door grabbing my purse. I looked over and saw all of my belongings packed into suitcases beside me and remembered I'm leaving for college tomorrow. "Wow summer went by fast." I huffed.

I got in my car, a black jeep wrangler, and drove to Starbucks. Katelyn and I meet here all the time. I hopped out of the car and shut the door behind me and walked towards the entrance of Starbucks.

"APHMAU!" I turned around seeing Katelyn running towards me with her arms wide. She had a huge smile plastered on her face. She engulfed me in her arms and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you!!!!" She exclaimed. "I missed you too Katie!" I said, smiling like and idiot.

"I haven't seen you all summer." She looked at me, pouting.

"I know, how was Mexico?" I asked curiously.

"Absolutely amazing! I had so much fun and the beaches are beautiful! How was your summer?"

"Pretty good, not as good as yours though" We got in line and ordered our drinks. Katelyn got a simple coffee, and I ordered a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, my favourite.

I searched for my wallet and was about to grab it out of my bag when I realized I forgot it, Katelyn had gone to the bathroom and I didn't know what to do, I had nothing to pay with.

"Shit." I mumbled.

I looked around panicking and heard a voice behind me.

"Are you alright?" A man's voice said.

I turned around to see a boy with brown hair and blue eyes staring at me. He was pretty good looking if you ask me, not my type though. He looked concerned.

"Hellooo?" He spoke again, waving his hand in front of my face. I realized I was totally just staring at him thinking to myself.

"O-oh, sorry. Heh. Yea, I just forgot my wallet and I can't find my friend, and I have no way of paying for my drink" I sighed.

"Here." He said, handing me a five dollar bill.

"N-no you don't have to do that it's o-okay" I stuttered.

"It's no problem, really" He said. "The names Laurence."

"Nice to meet you Laurence, I'm Aphmau" I smiled. "Thanks again for the five bucks"

"Anytime, see ya around" He walked out of the restaurant waving at me.

I turned around and noticed I was next in line. I handed my five dollar as to the cashier and got my drink.

I sat with Katelyn and we talked for awhile before deciding it was time to head home, I still had to pack a few things for college. I hopped in my car and made my way home.

••••••••••••

Luckily, Katelyn and I were going to the same college. I don't what I'd do if we weren't. I was already away from her all summer.

I finished packing a few things for college and looked at the time.

12:47

"Oops." I whispered to myself. I'm supposed to meet Aaron in ten minutes. I ran outside locking the front door behind me and got in my car as fast as I could.

It was about a 6 minute drive from my house to the park so I had enough time, I just didn't want to be late.

I arrived at the park and saw Aaron sitting on the park bench. He looked troubled. I sat beside him.

"Hey, Aaron."

"Hey, Aphmau"

Aphmau? I thought to myself, he never called me by my full name unless something was bothering him, he always called me Aph.

"Aaron.. what's wrong? Are you okay?" I stared at him concerned.

"A-aphmau.. I.." He sighed and looked at the ground kicking his feet.

"Aaron, whatever it is you can tell me."

"Aphmau, y-your leaving tomorrow"

"I know Aaron, but we agreed we would visit each other on weekends! You'll see me all the time!" I whined.

"I-I... W-we have to breakup" He said quietly.

Breakup? Those words stung my ears. My mouth went dry and I was at a loss for words. I felt my eyes start watering.

"W-what do you mean?" I cried.

"We have to breakup, long distance isn't going to work for me, I'm sorry" He huffed.

I just sat there, feeling a tear fall down my cheek as he stood up. "Goodbye, Aphmau." He walked away not looking back.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion. He didn't even look the least bit upset, if anything he looked relieved, did he ever even like me? Was I just something he wanted to get off his back?

I was so hurt, I just sat on the park bench, My head in my hands, crying until I felt completely.. empty.

•••••••••••••••••

A/N: Hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter of "Empty Inside- A Garmau AU". I tried my best!! Let me know what you thought of the first chapter. Oh and don't worry, you'll get your Garmau soon!!

Word count: 1075