Chapter 21

Skylar's POV

I felt self conscious. I am so aware of my legs. God why did my knees look like that. My anxiety was thinking thoughts for other people making me so uncomfortable in my own skin. I think that I'm going to throw up. I tried to turn around and get back into the limo we'd all just climbed out of. I wanted to jump on top of it and convince the driver to take me home.

      Sophia must've felt how I was cringing beside her. Or she noticed that when everybody else walked in that I didn't. She came in front of me staring at me.

      "What's wrong?" She asked. I swallowed slowly before shrugging. I didn't want to go in. I was so used to my jeans and long sleeve t-shirts. Wearing a dress to this toxic ass school? I didn't want to. I didn't want to be here I realized. I just want to go home.

         "You look amazing babes." My best friend said. I shook my head. Whenever I looked pretty whether I felt it or not. There will always be a voice in my head that says that I will always be this huge ugly girl. Sometimes I can't even look in the mirror because of it. I think people care too much about me and my appearance but I'm reality nobody gives a fuck. So why should I?

       It's like she saw all of my emotions on my face. She read me well. "Great. Now deep breath. Shoulders back , head up, and strut those halls like you own it." She said. I did everything. I took in a shaky deep breath. I pulled my shoulders back and lifted my head up. I kept chanting I got this as I walked into the school doors.

      I tried to walk with confidence. Like this was my hall. I flicked my hair off my shoulder. Before walking like I owned the entire hallway. I wear a mask so well no one could tell how uncomfortable I felt when all of their eyes were on me. I caught the side of Leo's handsome face. He stood in line to give them his ticket. Well Aaliyah stood beside him. So his tickets.

      He looked very handsome. His hair slicked back and out of his face. He had on black slakes and a white button down with a black bow tie. I tried not to bite my bottom lip as I climbed into line behind him. I waited patiently for him to see me. He never turned around be he did glance up at the door.

"Thanks." He told the ticket collector.

"You're welcome." She stared at him as he walked passed.

"I have a single ticket." I told her before handing it to her. That's when I felt it. The heat of his gaze. I smiled at her as she stamped my hand with a heart. Slowly I looked up at him. Tucking some hair behind my ears.

"Stop staring." I mumbled. Aaliyah stood beside him. Her face didn't show it but her body trembled.

"Hi Aaliyah." I said. Leo smiled at me. Still staring at me. I wish he would stop.

"Hi." She said it sounded it strained. I studied her. She definitely had an attitude.

If you feeling froggy please leap. Bitch.

"Leo." I said. He turned around to face his date, "Can you find us a table? I'll be right back." He told her. She gave him a blank look before nodding. I gave her short smile. He walked towards me putting his hand in the small of my back. We walked up the hall together before he stopped in front of an abandoned classroom. He pulled the door open before pulling me in.

He handed me a flask. I stared at him for a minute.

"It's just for the nerves. I could sense how anxious you were from a mile away." He said. I removed the top and took a sip. I almost gag as it burned my throat. Jeez. How do people drink that stuff? I took another sip blinking rapidly as I tried not to gag again. I handed him back the flask.