Chapter 8

A/N

I want to give a shout out to Skeletons_Get_Scurry. she was my first follower and I wasn't expecting to get any followers. I honestly wasn't even expecting to get five reads so THANK YOU!!

(Cierra's POV)
It's been three days since Cammie went missing and things haven't gotten any better. Isaac won't eat unless we force him and he's not sleeping well, his dreams are full of nightmares. The tension between him and Jordan have been unbearable. It was ten at night and Isaac walked in from searching for Cammie like he did everyday.

"Isaac, there's some leftover spaghetti in the fridge," Bethany said.

"I'm not hungry," he said walking towards the stairs.

"Oh come on. you haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon when we practically forced it in your mouth," Jordan said annoyed.

"I'm just not hungry," Isaac said. I felt like I was going to choke from all the tension in the air.

"You keep saying that!" Jordan yelled. "Why do you care about that girl so much?!"

"That girl is the person I love!"

"How can you love her?! You just met her!"

I walked out the front door wanting to get a breath of fresh air. I could still hear their yelling as I walked to the car in front of my house.

"Do you wanna go on a walk?" I asked Henry. He looked at the house then back at me.

"Sure," he smiled at me and I can tell he could hear the yelling too.

We walked quietly for a little bit until we got to a bridge. It was high up and below it was shallow river. My mom used to always be scared of it when we were kids because if we fell off then we would surely die. The bridge had a view of the woods, I used to love coming here to watch the sunset.

"Everything's so crazy nowadays," I said as we stood and looked over the stone railing.

"It will be over soon," Henry said reassuringly. His phone rang in his pocket and he answered it. "Hello?... Wait what?" He held up a finger and walked away a few feet.

I looked out into the distance repeating his words in my head. It will all be over soon. it will all be over soon. I just want this all to end. I looked over the railing to the ground far below. I just want this all to end.

I saw something below. It looked like a figure of a person running. I bent farther over the railing trying to get a better look at the person. My foot slipped and I fell head first over the railing. I was too scared to scream, I grabbed into the ledge with my right hand. The rest of my body hung I was so scared I couldn't move my body the way I wanted it to. I opened my mouth to call for help but no sound came out. my hand hurt and I couldn't hold on any longer. My hand slipped and I let out a scream as I started falling, I shut my eyes tight. But then It stopped so I stopped screaming. I thought I was dead and that's why I felt nothing except for something around my wrist. I opened my eyes to see myself in mid air. I looked up to see a boy about my age. He was in between the spindles of the railing. He was laying on his stomach, his right hand was holding onto my wrist and his left hand was on the stone spindle so he didn't fall. He lifted me up so I was standing on the outside of the railing. As I climbed over he kept his arms around my waist in case I fell again. I felt my cheeks get warm as he pulled me into a hug.

"You shouldn't do that," he said.

"Do what?" I asked confused as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Suicide." I pulled back and looked into his blue eyes.

"I wasn't trying to kill myself. I thought I saw someone running down there and I slipped while trying to look closer," I explained to him.

"There's nobody down there."

"B-but I thought I saw someone in a brown hoodie."

"It must've just been a deer. Judging by the bags under your eyes I'm guessing you haven't gotten much sleep lately," he pointed out.

"Who are you?" Henry asked behind me.

"I-I'm Noah," Noah send intimidated by the police officer.

"Well, Noah, I think you should be leaving now." Noah nodded and walked off. "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

"When we get home," I said exhausted from almost dying.

A/N

(How many people thought Cierra was going to jump off? XD how do u guys like the story so far?)