" Also says who you saved them kids, how they would of burned to death, if it hadn't been for you."Steve says eating cake.

"Dallas will be mad when he hears they didn't even mention his police record." Two-bit says, whilst Steve takes a whole cake.

" Ain't that the truth!" Steve shouts through putting the cake down on the table.

" It's all about us. Darry, Me, Lena and Soda. " Pony says looking up. "Not a thing 'bout putting me, Soda and Lena in a home?" Pony says in disbelief.

"What! Whats that mean" I say Steve letting go of me and I run over to Pony.

" Nothing don't worry about it Lena." Two says ruffling my hair.

" No way! " Pony says slamming the paper down on the table and walking in to the bathroom.

" No, they ain't putting me in a boys home! " Pony says Steve hands me slice of cake and picks me up again.

" Oh, hell Ponyboy, they don't do that to heros. Where is Soda and super-dope anyhow? " Steve asks, taking a bite of cake.

" Whoa! Morning!" Steve says seeing Soda get out of the shower.

" Shut the door!" Soda tells Pony clearly annoyed.

"The what? " Darry asks picking Steve up and dropping him but Steves grip slips on me and I fall and bang my head on the piano.

"All brawn and no brain" Steve says through a mouthful of cake.

" Darry have you seen my DX shirt somewhere?" Soda asks.

" I don't feel good." I say to anyone.

" No" Darry mumbles picking me up.

" You gotta where pants, too, buddy. I think there's a law about that." Steve says.

" How 'bout my jeans ?" Soda asks Darry steve offers him cake but he leans back.

" Yeah, I ironed them, there in my closet." Darry says as Pony leaves the bathroom.

" Darry..." Pony says.

" Hurry up your gunna be late." Darry says to Soda.

" Did you here about that juvenile court thing?" Pony asks Darry.

"Yeah cops told me last night. " says Darry putting me down on the couch and putting his shirt on.

" Hey, I tell you what, after we stomp the soc's real good, me and Steve are gunna throw a party and everyone's gunna get ripped!" Two says. When he says this Steve yells with a mouth full of cake.

" Where you gunna get the dough, little man?" Darry asks ruining their plans, Pony walks out side.

" I'll think of something." Two says.

"Hey, Two-bit mickeys on TV." Soda says sitting on the couch and putting his hat on. Two- bit comes through from the kitchen and sits down.

" Pony? Pony?" Darry asks. He comes back inside slamming the door shut.

" You know, I hate to leave you by yourself. Maybe I outta take the day off." Darry says.

" I don't feel good." I say. Soda remembers what happened last time and takes me to the bathroom so I can be sick in the toilet.

" I'll be okay I've stayed by myself plenty off times and I can look after Lena. Besides, we can't afford it" Pony says.

" Yeah, but I really ought to stay. "Darry says unsure.

" Don't worry Darry I'll baby sit them." Two says, Pony slaps Two-bit and they start wrestling

" Hey, why don't you get a job? Ever think of getting a job Two-bit?" Steve says.

" Hey, Soda come on! We got to get to work!" Darry shouts.

"I got to quit smoking or I won't make track next year." Pony says when Two-bit has him in a headlock.

" Hey, y'all do up the dishes. Lena ..." Darry says, I had thrown up in the toilet and started to whimper.

" I'm gunna cut of your hair." Pony threatens Two.

" Lay off!" Darry shouts at Two.

" Yeah,Two-bit lay off." Pony says.

" He ain't looking so good and Lena isn't so good at all." Darry says.

" What you mean? " Two asks.

" She's sick! " Soda shouts.

"Lazy, Bum." Pony says getting up.

" Pony... You smoke more than a pack today and i'll skin you. You understand? " Darry says grabbing what he needs.

" Yeah" Pony mumbles.

" If you carry more than one bundle of roofing today and me, Soda and Lena will skin you, understand?" Pony says, Darry just smirks.

" Hey say hi to Johnny and Lena get some sleep." Darry says seeing me come out the bathroom.

"All right." Pony says.

" See you later Pony and go to the bathroom if you fell sick Lena." Soda says.

"OK" me and Pony both say, as Steve and Soda leave.

"We gotta clean up the house. The cops and reporters are gunna come by. And besides it's time for the people from the state to check up on us." Pony rants on I lie down on the couch.

" Shoot this house ain't messy. You ought to see my house." Two says helping to clean up.

" I have, and if you had the sense of a billy goat, you'd start cleaning your house up, instead of bumming around ours." Pony says.

" Shoot, kid. If I ever did that my Mom would die of shock." Two says, picking the cake up and his beer and starts to watch mickey.

" Hey, Lena you helping?" Pony asks.

  " Shut up, kid. She's sleeping." Two shouts.