Sick again

The next morning I got up early and went to the kitchen to get a drink. When I went into the living room Tim was in there even though he was scary like Dally I decided to sit down on the couch next to him. I lived here and I was going to sit down I didn't care if Tim was sitting there.

" What you doing up so early kid?" Tim asks stretching away.

" I was thirsty." I say looking at him yawning

" It's three in the morning." Tim says looking at me.

" Maybe you should try getting some more sleep." He says moving along to give me a bit more space.

" I don't want to wake Darry up." I say just about falling asleep again.

" Then just fall asleep on the couch." He says.

" Won't you mind." I say.

" No, you won't be bothering me if were both asleep." Tim says putting his jacket over me. I just yawn and fall asleep.

A few hours later

Pony walks to the kitchen and sees Tim.

" Hi, Tim." Pony says clearly confused why Tims here reading the paper and i'm next to him just waking up in his jacket.

" Hi, Kid." Tim says turning a page I get up and go over to Pony.

" Can I get you some breakfast or something?" Pony says clearly feeling awkward.

" No." Tim says not even looking up." Thanks for letting me use your couch." Tim says grabbing his jacket folding up the paper and leaving.

" Sure. Any time." Pony says taking me into the kitchen, and looking back. He picks me up and puts me up on the counter, he then starts whistling.

"That's annoying." I say Pony gives me a seriously look and just takes some eggs out the fridge, then putting them in the pan.

"Anybody home?" Two- bit shouts into the house with Steve.

" Yeah in here. Don't slam the door." Pony says, Steve being the nice person he is and slams the door. They both look at me Two puts his finger to his lips telling me to be quite. Two and Steve clearly plan on sneaking up on Pony. Two runs up to Pony and spins him around.

"Ponyboy, hey." Two says laughing with me.

" What you doing? Look what you did!"Pony shouts Steve shakes Two and Pony.

" Whoa!" Two says i'm laughing so hard I fall off the counter. I start to sniffle Pony picks me up and hugs me but that doesn't mean he stops shouting at Two and Steve.

"You made me ruin my eggs, drop my spoon." Pony rants Steve and Two clearly enjoying this.

" Look at the blond-headed monkey." Two says laughing and going into the fridge for a beer.

" I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it in the paper." Steve says taking me out off Pony's arms and holding me instead.

" Tell me, Ponyboy, what's it like being a hero,huh?" Steve asks leaning on the door frame.

"A what?" Pony asks throwing down the tea towel Two smirks.

" A hero, man. You know, like a, like big-shotie." Steve says handing Pony the paper.

"Beer for breakfast there Two-bit?" Steve asks as Two takes a sip of beer.

" What I like is the "turn hero" bit." Two says.

" They're charging Johnny with man slaughter?" Pony says looking relieved that it wasn't murder.

" What do you mean "if he recovers" ?" Pony asks slamming the newspaper shut.