The only real difference between them was skill and personality. Leo was overly serious about everything and held on to a hate that altered his ability to make new friends. Nick on the other hand was the opposite of me, just the right amount of serious. He was kind and caring but also showed you he meant business when the time came.

“He’s my best friend and I care about both of you, that’s all.”

I sighed as I took my seat behind him right before our teacher walked into the classroom. While she started the lecture, I just zoned out thinking about my anger fit. Did I need to spar? Did I have pinned up frustration?

I just laid my head down on the desk in defeat and groaned to myself. Hearing the bell was my saving grace. Maybe I just needed gym to help. The only bad thing about gym is we have it with the high school. I hated walking through the locker room and hearing the snickering from the girls who already went through the change.

I just rolled my eyes and went to my locker before an arm stretched out in front of me.

“Move.” I growled at the girl and she just smirked in return.

“Make me.” I glared up at her.

Everything about her irritated me. Her obviously dyed red hair, her piercing baby blue eyes that showed she was a coveted white wolf. So that’s why she thinks she can talk to me that way.

Finding her little game boring I pushed her arm aside and kept walking as her friends looked on flabbergasted. They must not know that the alpha blood coursing through me wouldn’t allow me to back down from a challenge.

I quickly changed and went into the gym. I took a seat in the front and watched as the red head glared from her seat. I smiled and waved before my best friend finally came over. “Took you long enough Mason.”

Mason was my best friend that I was slowly developing a crush on. He was older than me by two years but it didn’t matter to me. He had sandy blonde hair, hazel eyes and when he shifted his wolf was a beautiful auburn.

Since he was halfway through puberty, he put on a lot of weight. By weight I mean muscle. He was the biggest guy in the school, which shouldn’t be shocking since he was the future alpha of our neighboring pack.

“Sorry sweetheart. Hard to maneuver around when so many girls want me.” I blushed and quickly looked down into my lap.

I should be used to him calling me sweetheart, but I’m not. I also hated the idea of girls all over him. Did they have no respect?

He opened his mouth to say something else before our training teacher walked into the gym shutting everyone up. Mr. Avery was said to come from the most vicious pack the Northern Hemisphere has ever known, the Night Stalker Pack. Whether it was true or not, I don’t know. My father isn’t one to talk to me about these things.

“You’re going to practice your fighting techniques first. After the first hour, for those that can...” He paused and looked directly at Mason, silently testing it. “We will practice shifting. “

As he walked away I nudged on Mason’s arm. “What was that about?”

Mason only shrugged. Not even looking in my direction, which was very weird. I bit the inside of my cheek as I pulled my legs closer to my chest, a little sad that he would shut me out.

“Alright, your partners are listed on the board. Find them and start sparring.”

I quickly got up not wanting to be near Mason anymore at the moment to go see who I was sparring with. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion, “who’s Veronica?”

“Me.”

You have got to be kidding me. I turned around to see the same red head that I can’t seem to shake. I really don’t like this girl.

“Don’t worry sweetheart. You got this.” I tried to turn around to face Mason but he held me in place by putting his hands on my shoulders. He leaned so he could whisper into my ear. “She’ just changed a week ago and she’s weak. You can easily beat her.”

I turned my head to face a smirking Mason who kissed me on the cheek, shocking me even more. One last smirk and he went on his way to find his sparring partner. I turned back to Veronica to see her glaring at me. Great she had a crush on Mason, then again, who didn’t?

“Alright pup. Let’s get started.”

I growled low, I hated it when people called me a pup. Then it happened again, the pain before the anger. This time my vision went red and I charged for Veronica. A guttural growl escaped my throat and I tackled her to the ground. I quickly climbed on top of her, sitting on her chest before my fist pounded into her face over and over again.