“Whatever. I am not short. I’m perfect height for a weregirl my age.” I crossed my arms and he ruffled my chocolate brown hair like he always does. Before I knew it he stopped and walked out of my room so I could get ready.

I quickly jumped into the shower before I walked into my closet. What does a 13 year old wear on their birthday? I threw my hands up in defeat and decided to just wear normal clothes. Our party would be in two days’ time. Then I would dress up.

Finally settling on a long sleeved stripped shirt and simple jeans, I walked out of my closet brushing my hair walking to my vanity. I quickly put eyeliner around my dark blue eyes before I grabbed my backpack and threw my brush on my bed. I ran downstairs and looked around for Nick. He usually finished before I did.

“Ready sweetie?” I turned to my mom with a confused look. “Where’s Nick?”

“He isn’t going today.” My dad came down the stairs and kissed the top of my head. “Just a precaution.”

I didn’t know what he meant but nodded sadly. I never went to school without Nick. We were even sick on the same days for the same amount of time.

The ride to school felt weird and walking into the building without him just felt wrong.

“Hey why the long face?” I smiled at Raven before she smiled back.

Raven was my brother’s long time crush. She had black hair that was cut in a sleek bob and the most beautiful grey eyes I’ve ever seen. She was a little shorter than I was but I’m sure that will change when we go through puberty in two years.

“Nick’s not coming today.” I frowned even more and she gave me a light pat on the back. “It’s okay. I’m sure you’ll survive without him.”

I nodded and we both walked through the school halls toward our lockers. We almost made it when I felt a sharp pain course through me, then the anger hit me. I growled deep and low, making everyone in the hall stop to stare at me.

Raven even let go of my arm to take a few steps back. Instead of continuing to my locker, I kept shaking my head an in attempted to get back to normal. After a few moments, the anger vanished and I went to my locker before the bell would ring.

Raven quickly ran up to me, grabbing my arm. “What the hell just happened?”

I shrugged my shoulders. Not having an answer. I honestly had no idea what just came over me. I just wanted to hurry up and go back home.

She just sighed before she let go of my arm and leaned against the locker.

“Do you think it has something to do with Nick?”

I honestly had no idea. Now that Nick was 13 he could mindlink. I on the other hand still couldn’t. It sucked that girls went through puberty later than boys.

Trying to put the incident behind us, we just went to our first class were my brother’s best friends was waiting for us.

“Cassie. Are you okay? I told Nick about what happened and he’s worried.” I just groaned at how freaked out everyone was.

“I’m fine. I just got angry all of a sudden. Also, don’t tell him everything Leo.” I glared at him and he held his hands up in surrender.

Leo had the same brown hair as Nick and I. It’s probably why everyone thought he was our cousin. That hair was matched with the most beautiful sea green eyes I’ve ever seen.  He kept his hair short like Nick also but they had different styles they liked. Leo was more of a buzz cut man while Nick liked to have a short amount of hair. He was shorter by a couple inches than Nick after his massive growth spurt but they were the same kind of skinny.