Winterspell (Safire storm)

Alice...

The pain had subsided, just like the voice had promised, except Every other sense went with it.

Touch, sight, hearing... Everything.

It was dark and I had a feeling it should be cold but I couldn't tell.

I was flat on my back but even that I couldn't be sure of. Up...down.... Those things had become useless to me. Without even a sense of direction, feeling or sight, who could tell if I was even on my head?

I felt numb.

The absence of feeling is the only reminder of what I had lost.

I was scared.

I had a feeling I wasn't awake, no, more like an inkling. But even so I was afraid. Afraid that when I woke it'd be the same. That I wouldn't be able to feel anything.

Numb to the core.

From the dark, amber eyes peered back at me.

//_________________||___________||____________________\\

Tsutchie...

She swung from a low branch to maintain her speed, she was close to the town now. It was steadily getting darker as if a storm was about to blow in. The sky mumbled to itself in the distant. Suddenly the essence in the air went stagnant and then disappeared altogether. The pressure went with it.

-what's going on?- she thought as she leaped from a lower branch and executed a summersault landing close to the end of the path with graceful fluidity.

Her breathing was hard and ragged but now she was at the steep sheltered staircase that led to the town from the mountains.

She hurried down the stairs, she was close to the bottom and that's when she saw it the familiar humanoid shape at the foot of the stairs. She slowed her pace a little. The blue stripped cotton jacket, navy blue jeans skirt and leggings.

-no it couldn't be -

She inched closer,

-damn it!- she cursed to herself.

She didn't know Tess that well, but she was a friend. She silently stooped and used a hand to close Tess's now dull, open eyes.

When she stood again she was furious, her brows knit and ignoring the tears in her eyes she said,

"I'm gonna find whoever's responsible for this and make them pay!"

Saru...

Saru, that's my name and I've been on the run for sometime now. See, I don't belong here, I'm a dragon. Well technically I'm not, humans have dragons down as giant lizards with wings that can breathe fire but only the ancients- the almost extinct of my people can change their form with essence... The essence that is in the air. Most of my people are confined to their original forms and sadly enough I can't change my form either, but at least when I'm here I can manipulate essence other than my own even if it belongs to someone else and because of that I've learned a few tricks.

See gravity is, in simple terms just force or pulling (perspectively) on an object and objects are made of atoms, I'm not sure why but when I use soul-essence to move an object it happen instantaneously. I figured this out when I first came here without the use of the great gate.

It was accidental, sure and I'm not sure if I could even do it again given that I'd need an insane amount of essence, but I did come from my world by teleporting.

Even though I understand how I did it the essence in the air here is so thin that I wouldn't even be able to attempt a large scale jump but if is within ten meters I can move almost instantaneously, similar to teleporting .