This been Cameron routine since his mother been gone. He never complained about it cause he knew that his dad was trying his best and didn't have a problem helping.

"Dad." he called out tapping his back.

"Mm." he hummed into the pillow.

"It's almost eight and the babies are up. Kairi and I leaving soon."

Sitting up Carter rubbed his eyes. "Leaving where." he asked confusingly.

"School dad, Uncle TJ gonna be here any minute."

"Alright. Make sure y'all have everything, I'll be down." he mumbled checking his phone.

Every morning he would check his phone to see if anyone said anything about Jay whereabouts or if she even texted.

He missed the hell outta her like everyone else.

Getting to the bathroom Carter changed the bandage around his head before heading downstairs.

"Good morning Daddy." Kairi greeted putting on her coat.

"Morning baby girl."

"DaDa." Kellean called out raising her arms to be picked up.

"DaDa baby." Carter spoke to her kissing her cheek.

Kellean at this point called Carter and Kelly both DaDa.

Jayc'i laid in her swing just staring at her surroundings as Cartean walked to Carter with watery eyes.

"MaMa." he spoke poking out his lip.

Baby Cartean badly missed Jay and knew she wasn't around. Sighing Carter pulled out his phone playing a video of Jay who was excited that Cartean had took his first steps.

This was to an everyday thing with Cartean and the video of his mom calmed him down.

"Dad can you check my homework." Cameron asked sitting next to him.

TJ walked in throwing Kairi over his shoulder. "Wassup man, how you feeling."

"I'm cool just taking it one step at a time." Carter spoke in a sigh.

TJ kissed Kellean forehead. "Good. Wassup lil man." he asked Cartean.

Turning the phone towards TJ he shoved it in his face. "MaMa."

TJ nodded. "That's yo mama." he asked.

"MaMa." Cartean replied smiling at the screen.

Cartean was a mamas boy and everyone knew just like Cameron while the girls loved Carter.

"Still nothing." TJ asked like he did everyday.

Carter shook his head. "I'm just about to give up trying. I got my own shit to worry about."

TJ shook his head. "Don't give up on her bro she'll come around. You gotta be strong for the kids especially lah' chocolate over there."

Carter looked over at Jayc'i who finished her bottle. Standing he went to grab her so she could be burped. Jayc'i had her mothers complexion and was beautiful as ever.

"Look crip I'll be back later to check on you."

Nodding at TJ he locked up then fixed the twins something to eat.

-

🎶Shawty dance like a video vixen.

Said her man be on that bullshit pimpin'.

Well I retire from the bull like Pippen.

Tryin' to get you home or would you be Marge Simpson.