Four

Ella woke to an empty bed. She frowned when she saw Will wasn't there. Ella climbed out of bed and grabbed her dressing gown.

Ella found her husband in Faith's bedroom. He was standing by her bed. "Will?"

"I can't do it. I can't say goodbye to her tomorrow," he said as rolled over in her sleep.

Ella sighed. "I know it's going to be hard. But we're a family and we will get through this. You'll come home to us and we can continue with our lives," she told him. It was destroying her knowing she had to say goodbye to her husband.

Will turned to her. "And what if I don't come home?"

"Don't say that Will. Think positive. Do you think James or...Henry would want you to think like this? Because I know for a fact they wouldn't. Henry would kick your arse for the negative thinking," she said.

***
Ella made some breakfast. Faith came into the kitchen. "Good morning darling."

Faith climbed onto the chair next to her father. Will held her on his lap. He didn't want to say goodbye to her. It was going to destroy him.

Ella could tell how much Will was struggling with everything. Especially saying goodbye to herself and Faith. Ella took his hand. "We're a family. We'll get through all of this," she told him.

***
The family of three decided to take a walk around. Faith had stayed quiet through breakfast. Will knew it was going to affect her. He didn't want to see his daughter suffer.

They went to a local park. Will and Ella sat on a bench. Will sighed. "I'll tell them I can't go. That my daughter needs me," he said.

Ella looked at him. "You can't do that. You have to go. It's what's required of you. I don't want you to go but you have to," she said.

Will knew Ella was talking sense. It had finally sunk in that he was leaving his wife and his daughter. He didn't want to but he knew he had no choice.

***
When they got home, they found that Charles was there. Faith toddled to him and he picked her up. Will smiled. "You alright?" He asked.

Charles nodded. "Yes. I came to see miss trouble here. Try and make her smile a little," he said as he tickled Faith's chin.

Faith giggled and looked at Will. "Don't go," she mumbled.

"I have to darling," Will said. He knew it was breaking Ella's heart.

***
Ella made dinner for everyone. Faith wasn't talking much again. She didn't want to her daddy to leave. She started crying.

Ella held her close. "It's all going to be okay darling. Daddy will come back for us. He won't leave you. I promise," she said.

"I don't want daddy to go."

"I know."

***
Will put Faith to bed. He sat with her until he fell asleep. He left the bedroom as the tears hit him. How did he say goodbye?