Chapter 9

——Nine Months Later——-

"Davis could you get Braxton he's crying like crazy! I'm trying to pump his milk!" Germany yelled.

"I got you baby. I got you." Davis said picking up the small infant and rocking him.
They had a healthy baby boy and named him Braxton Joel Welkins.

There wasn't a day Davis didn't think about Malia and now that him and Germany is only coparenting, he plans on getting her back.

Davis gave up on school and worked with his dad in the office. "Germany I gotta go are you sure you're okay alone with Braxton?"

"Yes. My mama will be here in a few. I got it." She smiled and Davis left for work.

"Morning Sheila." He said to the receptionist.

"Morning Mr.Welkins you are looking mighty good today"
Ever since Sheila met Davis, she couldn't keep her eyes off him. Even though she had a daughter old enough as Davis , she wanted him for her own.

"Thank you Ms.Sheila." He smiled.

"Oh no call me big mama. I like that." She winked.

"No. I will not call you big mama. Have a good day Ms.Sheila."

He laughed to himself and walked to the office that used to be Carol's , which was now his.

Once he opened the door , he couldn't believe who was sitting there.

"Davie! Hi!" Jasmine squealed smiling.

"What?! Why are you here?"

"What do mean? I work here silly. Don't you remember?"

"I thought my dad fired you."

"Yes I was fired , but I got hired back in." She sipped her coffee.

Davis took a seat, "So. You and my dad are cool again?"

"We're good friends. He's a great guy. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your family again. I'm sorry about that."

"Don't blame yourself. It was my dad too. He knew what he was doing."

"Right. So. How's the baby? What's his name?" She smiled.

"He's good. We named him Braxton."

"Braxton? That's a cute name. I bet he looks just like his daddy and his daddy's daddy." She stood up and walked over to him running her hands over his chest.

"I hate to break it to you Davie, but I'm in love."

"With me?" He was confused.

She laughed , "I can be if you want me to. But no, your father."

"What? It's been like eight years and you were in jail. And you're telling me you're still in love with him?"

"Of course. I thought about him every two-thousand nine and twenty days." She smiled.

This woman was crazy. Crazy about the man she thought was her and hers only.

"Wow. I'm sorry Jasmine , but him and my mother is getting back together."

"Are they? Not according to your daddy. See while you and mommy was planning Braxton's baby shower we were out and —"

"No he was at a meeting."

She laughed and folded her arms , "Oh yeah? About what?!"

Davis couldn't say anything because he didn't know. He didn't know his dad like he thought he did. He thought Davon changed, but he thought absolutely wrong.