Chapter 2 - The Bard in Forbidden Forest

Start from the beginning

As we walked off I heard running behind us and saw Percedali slowing next to me to keep up to my pace. She smiled at me until she heard Ruel talking something about old times as adventurer which quickly got her attention. As the two talked about mao, Percedali pulled out a picture makign Ruel question her. I was about to step in until I saw a portal appear and Yugo's hand patting Percedali's shoulder before disappearing. She looked at Ruel and smirked before patting him on the back to with a smile.

I saw Yugo walk over to the three of us. He looked at me and then at Az, his Tofu. He winked to both of us as we all smiled. Soon enough Ruel had enough of Percedali turning her map around and turned to Yugo. He asked for a 'less Iop-ish' way and wanted Yugo to get to the top of the trees and look for a way. I walked over to Percedali as Yugo used his portals.

(Y/N) : Come on, you're gonna get a headache.

Percedali : Okay...

(Y/N) : Don't be a downer, you're the knight here so you've gotta protect us.

Percedali : That I do best!

I heard someone landing behind us before I heard Yugo yell 'Boo!' behind us sending percedali stumbling forward while making her sword - Rubilax - grow in size.

Yugo : There is a big tree that way, we can start by going there!

Rubilax : Scared by a kid, hohoho! Disgrace!

Percedali : Will you shut up!?

After our Iop knight was finished with beating Rubilax on the ground continously we moved on towards the direction Yugo told us to go. So far it wasn't all that amazing but maybe there will be something interesting to bring up the excitment a bit. So, along with my wish my companion's talk was cut short when a female voice yelled loudly 'Help!'. Percedali's mood went up into sky as she did a few poses before running towards the voice.

Percedali : A damsel in distress! Awesome!

(Y/N) : Wait for me! I've gotta see it up close! I need details!

Ruel : Didn't we just agreed to stay together?

Yugo : Right! Quickly we have to catch up to them!

Ruel : They're all hotheads!

I tried my best to keep up with Percedali and I entered the clearing the moment she jumped out to slash at the polters that attacked the two girls that I've seen before on the road. One was still on her mount while the other stood on her tree's branch. As she slashed around polters started to ran away in fear. One dropped on the ground in front of the girl who's still on her mount causing her to be thrown in the air as best ran off.

She went up in the air and I only managed to look up before I was pinned on the ground as she was on top of me. As we looked into each other's eyes our cheeks gained red hue before I recognized her... It's Evangelyn from the court of Sadida kingdom! She's a lady-in-waiting and bodyguard of the princess so does that mean...? However, I didn't get to even say anything as she jumped up and I lifted myself too.

Ruel : I belive we've met before. Ruel Stroud, here to humbly serve you and this is the fearless Lady Percedali of Sadlygrove. You landed on my nephew, (Y/N) Weiss, the great bard and wonderer of the World of Twelve. This is also Az, the featherball, and my best friend's adopted son, Yugo. We're here to find out why polters attacked the villages and find a cure.

(Y/N) : Uncle meet Evangelyn and Amalia.

The two freeze for a second because I knew them. When Amalia took a closer look at me she beamed with a smile as she jumped at me for a hug while Evangelyn sent a glance that could be easily describe as 'don't-speak-of-royalty'.

Ruel : How do you know those two beautiful ladies?

(Y/N) : Oh, we've met while I was travelling. I didn't recognize them before because of the hoods and sun shining right in my face. They were in a hurry so they didn't even looked closer.

Evangelyn : Yes, we're on a pilgrimage.

Ruel : So, what two pilgrims do in a Forbidden Forest?

Evangelyn : We-

Amalia : Same as you! Two nights ago I had a prophetic dream.

(Y/N) : You still have those?

Amalia : It happens from time to time, especially if nature is in danger. And Eva believed that it's just a fertile imagination!

Evangelyn : What? Someone has to be realistic.

Yugo : Cool! The more of us, the greater the chances of saving my village and turning my dad back to normal. Let's go then!

I saw Percedali stare at the two with a happy smile as she stood there proudly.

Rubilax : Hey, simpleton! Calm down! It's not as if they were two princesses.

I chuckled softly at Rubilax's comment and turned around while Amalia was holding my arm and asking me about all that I've seen ever since we 'split on the road' while also telling what she and Eva saw on the way. I wonder where will this walk throught the Forbidden Forest will take us... I mean 'Forbidden' is there for a reason.