Chapter 1: All That Remains

Start from the beginning

At that moment, the seat of the toilet began to shift under yours and Clem's weight and you let out a very small gasp. Then you heard the girl's footsteps and Clem saw the girl's face in the crack. She raised the gun and said. "I see you. Get outta there."

"That's my gun." Clem said, firmly. "S'mine now." said the girl. "Give it back!" You ordered the girl. "Why should I?" The girl asked and she opens the stall door and aims the gun at you two. "Get out here." She ordered and Clem jumps down then helps you down.

Both of you walk out of the stall but you held on to Clem's arm, scared at what was going to happen. "You got anything on you?" The girl asked as she aims the gun at you two with one hand and digs into your pack with her other hand. 

Neither of you move as she continues to look through the pack. "Come on, let's see!" She said. "You don't have to do this. It's mean." Clem said to her.
"You gotta be mean to keep goin' out here." The girl replied. "We're not mean." You remarked. "Yeah? And who got your gun?" The girl asked. "I'm serious! What else you got?"

"That's it...." Clem assured her. "Don't lie to me. I'll pop you and your little girlfriend." The girl threatened. Both of you were too terrified to correct her as she said. "Give me what you two got. I'm not screwing around! Come on!" 

"Just walk away." You said.
"Whatever." The girl said then she stares at Clem's hat. "Gimme that hat." He ordered. "No!" Clem exclaims. "Where'd you get it?" The girl asked him. "My dad gave it to me." Clem replied. "Just give it to me." The girl ordered again but Clem doesn't move.

The girl shakes her head and goes over to Clem's pack and digs into that. "Junk. Junk. Junk. Look at all this junk." The girl said. "Shit. Shit. And more shit. Why you ain't got nothin' good? Not like the last people I got. They had all kinds of good shit."

At that moment, you saw Omid coming around the corner of the stalls. He gives you two a worried look then over at the girl then back at you two. "That was a good catch. Neither of you ain't got nothin' good." The girl said as both you and Clem stare at Omid then back at the girl, acting like nothing happened. 

"You two are just little fishes. You gonna cry, little fishes?" The girl asked as Omid slowly approaches her, going for the gun. Then the girl pulls out the torn picture of Lee and looks at it and said. "This your daddy? What a bozo." 
The door to the bathroom closes with a click and Omid turns to look just as the girl turns around in surprise and shoots Omid in the chest. Omid places his hands to his chest then falls over. 

You and Clem gasp in fear and tears start to fall down your face as the girl shakes. Then the door bursts opens again and Christa walks in with a rifle in her hands. She stops once she sees Omid's body on the floor and her face turns to fear.

"I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to!" The girl said as she drops the gun and holds her hand up. "I didn't mean--" but Christa, with no remorse, shoots the girl in the chest, instantly killing her.

"...oh, God....Omid." Christa cries as she kneels down and picks up Omid's body and holds him close to her as she cries. "Omid. Omid can you hear me? ...Omid." then she looks over and saw Clem's gun on the ground then she looks right at you two with confusion, hurt and grief. 

16 Months Later

You, Clem and Christa were sitting on a large log in the middle of a forest on a cold winter night, the fire you guys made earlier was dying down. You look down at your feet as Clem turns to Christa and said. "Christa. Talk to us." His voice sounded alittle deeper than what he sounded a few months ago.

Christa doesn't say anything as she stares at the ground. She hasn't really be the same around you guys, not since the death of Omid and the loss of her child. Everytime she talks to you or Clem, it's always with the same cold tone of voice. It's not the warm sweet voice she used to give you two.