Chapter Thirty-Four: Meet Up

"Dear Alex Bellerose,

Meet me at Joker's Bite at midnight.

- B. R. S."

Alex stared at the note with a confused face. Joker's Bite was a bar located in the underground, and this person wanted her to meet them at midnight? Rape is very high down there. Along with kidnapping and selling. Of course Alex would know this information; she used go down there all the time, but never at night. And who is this 'B. R. S.' person? Alex sighed and leaned back in her chair.

"Maybe it's initials.." She thought out loud then crossed her arms over her chest. 'Why does this person want to meet me? What do they want? Who are they?' Unanswered question after another ran through Alex's mind. She looked up at the cheep clock that hung above her door; eight o'clock at night. Two hours until they were supposed to meet. "Should I go?" Alex questioned herself right as a knock came from her door. She jumped slightly and quickly shoved the letter in her bra -- what? It's not like anyone's going to grab in there. 

"Who is it?" Alex asked plainly staring at the door with a glare. "Captain Levi wants you in his office," the person said, not bothering to give their name, and then walked away. Alex rolled her eyes as the footsteps got quieter until they became silent to her ears. Sighing, Alex stood up from the wooden chair and walk out of her room. As she walked to Levi's office -- which was on the other side of the building -- she passed the fireplace that still burned brightly with orange flames. Alex glanced around, seeing nobody in sight, and quickly tossed the letter in the fire. She watched as the edges slowly started burning first, and then the rest of the flames engulfed the rest of the paper. 

Alex smirked and continued walking down the dark lit corridors. Little did she know, a certain blonde was watching her every move.

*     *     *

"State your name and business."

Alex rolled her eyes, "Alex Bellerose, you called me." The sound of someone getting up came through the door right before it opened. Levi stood there with an emotionless face, but his eyes told her to come in. Without saying a word, Alex walked in and lazily sat down in one of the two chairs that were placed in front of his desk. 

"So, why am I here exactly?" Alex asked with a bored voice. She didn't know why she was here. Maybe he found out about the letter? No, he couldn't have. Alex shook the thought out of her mind. Levi shut the door and walked over to Alex's side. Alex looked up and met his gaze. 

"I need you to do an errand for me," Levi explained and walked over to his chair behind the desk then sat in it. Alex raised an eyebrow, "What kind of errand?" 

Levi looked up and met her blue eyes. "You're pretty familiar with the underground, right?" Levi asked. Alex stiffened. What if he does know? Slowly, Alex nodded. Levi leaned back in his chair and intertwined his fingers together. "There's a package that I need delivered. It's something for an old.. acquaintance that is a favor return. Don't open it at all. You'll just need to give it to the bartender of Joker's Bite and that's all," Levi explained. Alex tried not to make her eyes widen. It was the perfect opportunity, she didn't even have to sneak out. 

"Yeah, okay. What's in it for me then?" Alex questioned while staring at Levi with blank eyes. Levi sighed and stood up from his seat. He walked past Alex then stood directly behind her. She didn't bother to turn around, she could feel the body heat radiation off his skin. Alex blinked as Levi bent down to where his mouth was right next to her ear. His warm breath sent chills down her spine, even though she tried to stop it. 

"Nothing," Levi said huskily then stood up straight, "you're still my cadet, you do as I say with no questions asked."

Alex rolled her eyes and stood up. "Yeah, whatever. Just give me the damn package. At least I get to be away from all the idiots in this place," Alex said, muttering the last part to herself, but Levi still heard it. Levi glared at her then handed her the package. It wasn't that big -- no, it was actually as small as a book. Even though Alex wondered what was inside, she forced herself not to think about it. Alex looked away from him and started walking to the door. She opened it, causing it to creak. 

"Oh, and Alex," Levi spoke causing Alex to turn her head towards him, "be careful."

Alex gave him a slight nod with a confused look on her face and walked out of the room. After she closed the door, Levi cursed to himself out loud. 

"Why would I even say that?"

*     *      *

Alex walked down the dark alleyways in the underground. It was dark, and the smell of death was everywhere. There was barely any light; the only light came from the small houses and bars. Not many people roamed the area, but when Alex saw someone should would try her best to hide in the shadows. And as expected, nobody noticed her. 

She wore a black hood -- something she used to wear when things were.. normal. The black cape brought good and bad memories, but Alex quickly shrugged them off before she could have a breakdown. Alex walked up to the Joker's Bite. Light shined out of the windows, and she could hear the loud laughter of drunk men from outside. Sighing, Alex yanked the handle open. She kept her head down and tried to avoid the strange stares.

Wordlessly, Alex placed the package on the counter. The bartender looked at the package to Alex then walked to the back with the package in his hands. Cautiously, Alex allowed part of her face to be shown so she could get a good look at the place and the people in it. Just like any other bar, there were drunken idiots laughing, fighting, shouting, talking, and playing pool and cards. No one seemed suspicious or were looking at her directly. 

It was midnight, so why wasn't the person there? Maybe they weren't going to show up and this was all some stupid hoax. Alex sighed inwardly and walked out of the bar that reeked of cheep alcohol. But as soon as she stepped out into the dark night and shut the door, three sets of hands grabbed at her. One put a gag in her mouth and a blindfold and the other two held her down. 

"Dammit," Alex thought before she fell into a world full of darkness.

------------------------------------------

Sorry if it seems rushed, because it probably is. I was kind of hurrying and distracted while writing this.

So it's not the best chapter.

Levi x Alex is slowly becoming a thing

Lalex

Lelex

Levix

​Alvi

IDFK OKAY.

Comment what you think?

Ideas?

What you want to happen?

(honestly I only ask this every chapter for interesting ideas that I may or may not use)

OH AND I'll be started in school soon (the 20th), bleh, so I probably won't be able to update every other day like I have been. Because I'm doing volleyball too so that'll take up a lot of my time on top of school and homework and chores and just everything. BUT I'LL STILL TRY TO.

Okay bye.