Ch 10 - Contest Pt 1

^•^ Izuku's P.O.V ^•^

Four days passed by in no time. Finally, it was time for the competition. I hope our class wins. Staying at a beach resort for a whole week! Who wouldn't want to win? We were currently doing the relay. Kacchan and Ejirou were doing it and were coming second so far.

"Go Kiri! You can do it!"

Ejirou raced on ahead, pulling into first before passing Kacchan the baton. At that, Kacchan leaped forwards, changing into his wolf form as he trudged on ahead of the others.

"Come on Kacchan!"

He picked up speed as he rounded around the course before heading straight to the finish line. Another wolf started to catch up to him. They were neck and neck. They both picked up speed as the finish line was in sight. They crossed.

"The winner is Dabi from class 2-B." Vlad King said.

"Dammit!" Kacchan started to curse as he glared daggers at Dabi who smirked back in reply.

"What's wrong wolfy? Pissed that my class is gonna win?" Dabi snickered.

I ran over to him before he could start a fight. I brought him back to the others as we all headed in for the next test. It was science. All those not participating stood inside a glass room so they could watch without being harmed. From our class, we had Ochaco and Sero.

"Your test is to make an explosion large enough to pop this specially made balloon. Magic is allowed. You have an hour to do so. Time starts now." Snipe said as he started a timer.

Ochaco and Sero started gathering supplies and mixing them, adding hints of magic here and there. They made five tubes full of the explosion Sulfur. They tested out the first one, putting it inside the balloon and setting it alight with magic. It exploded, but, didn't break the balloon. They added some more gunpowder to all the tubes and tried the second one. It did a bit more damage, but, still didn't break it.

"So close. Add some more magic. I'll find some more flammable things." Ochaco said as she ran off to her more supplies.

Sero added even more magic as Ochaco came back. She put in bits of cut off dynamite in as well as some more powerful gunpowder.

"Where-"

"It was in the back." Ochaco cut Sero off as she placed the third substance in the balloon.

Sero set it alight and let the explosion blow. Still not strong enough. Ochaco ran off again and came back with some charcoal. She put it in and lit it. It exploded, but, still no affect. She was about to give up when she looked up at me. She wouldn't be able to hear me through the glass so I did the symbol for a flammable substance. I knew that the others wouldn't know what I was trying to sign, but, Ochaco would. She nodded as she ran off.

"What were you signing?" Shinso asked.

"You'll find out." I said as Ochaco came back.

She held a tiny piece of TNT. I had looked through all notebooks the school had and didn't find anything on it. When I checked my science book though, it was there as a flammable substance. One of the things I help Ochaco with. She broke it up more and put it in, stirring it in the mixture. She then poured it all into the balloon and let Sero light it.

3...

2...

1...

BOOM

The balloon broke! Our class erupted in cheers as the two high-fived each other.

"Uraraka and Sero from class 1-A have successfully exploded the balloon. That's a point to their class." Snipe said.

We all cheered as we left to the next test. The three subject test. Ochaco came up to me and hugged me.

"Thanks for that, Deku-kun. You got us the win!" She cheered as she let go.

"I'm just glad you remembered what I taught you. You did good. Nice going. You too Sero." I said, patting her head.

We headed into another room. Momo and I left the class as we headed over to our desk.

"The subjects you're doing are math, English and geography. You can switch with your partner any time throughout the test or just help them from where you are. You have 2 hours. TIME STARTS NOW!" Present Mic screeched, leaving everyone with internally bleeding ears as he started the timer.

Momo started first, flying through all the first math questions.

(Math - Mental Abuse To Human Society)

I helped her a bit when she hit the harder questions.

"Carry the four, divide what's over the fraction and add it together." I said.

"Right. Thanks." She thanked as she jotted down the answer.

We worked through all the math questions before going into the English section. She swapped with me. I started going through them, answering all the multiple choice questions before heading into the short response. Momo helped me get through these and the long response.

"You have 1 hour left!" Present Mic called.

We were on the last section, the geography. We swapped back. Momo answered as many questions as she could, getting help from me from time to time.

"Five minutes left!"

We answered the last couple of questions before dropping the pencil. We scrolled through all the answers, making sure we answered everything before placing the paper down and leaning back in our chairs with sighs of relief.

"TIME'S UP!" Present Mic screeched as all the teachers came round and took all the tests.

They started marking. We waited in anticipation. Time ticked by as the room fell into silence. They went up to a board and displayed the results on a virtual screen.

"In first place, we have... Class 1-A!" Present Mic cheered.

We both stood up, cheering as we hugged each other. We left the room and met up with the rest of the class. They were all cheering with us.

"Let's win this thing!"