Chapter 29

MAES P.O.V

I woke up to arguing and i didnt feel the warm embrace of Alan around me.

"Dude i'll back off! i didnt know you still had feelings for her!" Alan defended.

There was silence. "Im sorry man, its just that...she's had a rough life and i love her so fucking much." i heard a voice croak out. Patty?

"Dude i totally get it. I'll be a brother to her instead. She's amazing and you deserve her." I heard Alan say.

I roll over, not knowing my sense of direction since it was pitch black with the curtain closed, and fell right on the floor.

I groan. "Ugh fuck."

"Goodmorning sleeping beauty, rise and shine and welcome to your first day of warped." Austin said lightly kicking me.

"You're an ass" I laugh as he helps me up.

He rubs my bald head. "You wanna go on stage with this?" He said still rubbing my head.

"I dont know...i may wear my wig but im not sure" I say.

"Go get your wig and i'll get the boys and we'll meet you in the lounge" He smiles and runs off to get the boys.

In the lounge theres a huge mirror so i think thats why Austin said there. I walk to my suitcase a go to my pocket where i put my wig. 

I grab my wig and head to the lounge and all of Of Mice and Men and all of We The Kings, including Patty, come into the lounge.

"Ready?" I say, facing the mirror but still being able to see them.

They all nod.

I slowly lift the hair on to my head and adjust it so it looks sort of normal.

Tino smooths it out in the back and i turn around.

Patty walks out of the lounge and to my suitcase. I don't even ask what hes doing. 

He comes back with my colorful scarf.

"You should go natural.." He says with a small smile.

Theres a chorus of grunts, which means they all agree.

Patty always helped me with this so he came up and helped me wrap the silky, thin scarf around my bald head.

I look back in the mirror and smile. Patty gives me a small smile and a nod, meaning he likes it.

"is this his way of apologizing?I thought to myself.

Charles looked like one of those proud fathers and he gave me a huge smile.

I noticed i was still in my pjs.

"Uh guys? Could you get out, i need to change" I laugh.

They all walk out of the bus and i go to my suitcase and pick out my outfit.

I grab my "Fuck Society" tank and my black shorts. I slip on my shorts and notice my scars. I run my finger over them, they arent very noticable so thats good. I pull them down to hide them as much as possible.

I slip on my tank and i put on my bracelets and i slip on my galaxy vans.

I grab my makeup bag and put on very little eyeshadow but i put on a layer of eyeliner and mascara.

I give myself a look over and walk out of the bus.

I breathe in the hot dusty air.

"Houston Texas" I smile.