Hic Sunt Et Cur?!

Why Are They Here?!

(Hic Sunt Et Cur?!)

Chapter 8

2012

Episode 6: The Worst Kind Of Hunter

Mathias's POV

I glare at the men as we all were sitting in the living room. I sigh "You better have a good reason to be here on my fucking property, you assholes." The two men glance at each other as I rub Mathias's shoulder gently as we were sitting next to each other. Agent Johnson sigh "We are here to question Miss Longmire about what happened in Iraq."

Audrey glance at me quickly as Agent Richards smirk "It is about the so called soldier that you saw, ma'am." Audrey glare at the blonde haired man "So called soldier!! He is fucking real!!!, hell I did medical attention on him, asshole!!!" Agent Johnson glare at Agent Richards.

I sigh in annoyance as I grab Audrey and pull her into my lap to keep her from strangling the two men to death. Audrey glance at me as I gave her a soft look, causing her to relax a little. I heard a knock at the front door. Audrey got up, bringing her pistol with her "I will get the door." I stare at the two men with an raised eyebrow. I heard Audrey growl "Wait a minute?! I got two FBI agents in here. I don't need two more agents."

I raise an eyebrow and stare at the two men in front of me. Man, I am glad that I put my gun near me. I quickly grabbed it and aim my gun at the men, causing the two men to pull out their guns too. They aim their guns at me, only to freeze as Audrey came in with her pistol in her hands, aiming at the two men. Behind Audrey, is what I am guessing, the REAL AGENTS!! The real agents were aiming their guns at the fake agents.

This is going to be a long day for me and Audrey. Audrey and I glance at each other and I winked at Audrey and she smirked at me. Audrey and I both have smirks on our faces. Audrey and I step closer as the fake agents glance at each other. Audrey quickly jumped forward and duck as Fake Richards flinch and quickly aim at Audrey. I quickly shot Richards in the shoulder and I saw out of the corner of my eye that Fake Johnson quickly aiming his gun at me. As he was about to shoot me, he got shot in the shoulder too. I smirk as the one who shot Fake Johnson stood up from the floor.

I watch as the real agents stare at me and Audrey in shock before quickly snapping out of the shock and they quickly arrest the two fake agents with their handcuffs. Audrey call 911 as the real agents dragged the fake agents outside. I groan as I saw the floor which it is now covered with blood. Man, that is going to be tough to get the blood out. Audrey chuckle at me as she got off the phone.

Audrey and I went outside to see the real agents calling their little buddies about what happened here. I sigh as I pick up my phone and dial my friends at the police station, telling them what happened a few minutes ago. They don't need to come because who will know what happen if they did come. I hung up with the last word. I sigh at the thought of people on my property.

I groan even louder at the thought of strange people on my property. Audrey chuckle at me, causing me to glare at Audrey. I pick her up and walk off the front porch and around the house into the backyard.

The real agents look at each other and roll their eyes. I put Audrey in another hammock that I got for the backyard. The backyard was not very big. It got two trees next to each other, which holds the hammock. Audrey giggle as I climb with her. Soon we were relaxing in the hammock. I found myself staring at Audrey.

Man she is beautiful. Red hair that shines in the sun. Blue eyes that look like the skies. Audrey caught me staring at her. Soon enough, we were in a staring contest. I won. I chuckle as Audrey grumble and curses underneath her breath. We were relaxing underneath the two trees. The breeze gently rocked us to left and right. We watch the sky as we cuddle with each other. Soon we fell asleep pretty quick as the birds sing above us.

I felt someone shaking me a little too roughly. I open one eye and saw Walter standing above us and the hammock. I grumble as I nudge Audrey awake. I close my eye again. I felt that Audrey sat up slowly, careful to not shake the hammock. I was wide awake but I have my eyes closed, pretending to be asleep. Listening into the conversation, Audrey grumble "Hello dad, how are you doing?" Walt grunt "Good punk, now what the hell is going on over there?" Audrey must have glance at the house because I didn't hear anything.

Audrey groan "Oh that? Well you see, me and Mathias got two visitors today. They claimed to be FBI agents. Only the real agents came by about two minutes later." I slowly open my eyes to find Walt staring at Audrey. He sigh "Of course, what did I expect from my daughter defending herself and her boyfriend." He shake his head and walk off. I chuckle at Walt as I got out of the hammock. Audrey follows me as I look around to find FBI agents walking around, chatting with each other as they look at the crime scene of my house. Audrey wrapped her arms around my waist "Baby, it's okay. They will be gone before we know it, darling."

I hope so as I glare at the FBI agents. Now they come to the Rez because two fake FBI agents. Now that is bullshit!! Audrey sigh and suddenly turn me around. Her hands on my shoulders, my hands on her waist. Somehow, we got into a dance outside in front of everyone. Audrey glare at me, making me gulp nervously. Audrey sigh "Now, what did I say, Mathias?" She raised an eyebrow at me as I sigh "You said that everything would be over before we know it."

We kept dancing, ignoring the people. We were relaxing in our own music, that nobody else can hear. Next thing I know is that we were both stopped by the FBI when they approach us. You know what? I am not going bother with their names!!

Audrey's POV

I glare at the two agents in front of me as me and Mathias stand in the middle of the backyard. What now, you jackasses? The brown haired female agent glance at her partner, the gray haired agent. Mathias groan in annoyance, causing me to slap Mathias on the arm gently. I smile "What can I help you with?" The female agent sigh "Agent Raven Jones." She hold up her ID and than flip to her badge. The male agent did the same thing "Agent Leo Payne." Mathias sigh as I felt him grip my waist tighter. I growl "Mathias, watch it!" Mathias loosen his grip as I sigh "Nice to meet you!"

Agent Jones sigh "Do you know why did the fake agents came by to see you?" I sigh "The fake agents came to see me about what happened in Iraq." The agents glance at each other. Agent Payne raised an eyebrow "What happened in Iraq?" I glance at Mathias "Don't be upset, okay Mathias?" He nodded at me as I sigh "One of my friends, Sam Howell was killed. Sam Howell was my best friend who knew everything about me and I knew everything about him.
Sam Howell apparently was a drug addict"