The Present

*2018*

✨Rosemary's POV✨

I woke up to my phone blaring the most annoying sound in the world - an alarm. It's 7:00 am and I have to get ready for work. I just got hired last week at Birch Coffe, it's a cute cafe that's about a 25-minute drive from my place if the traffic isn't bad.  I decided to stay in bed for couple more minutes scrolling through Instagram, even though I would probably end up being late if I waited any longer to get ready. I liked some pictures that celebrities posted over the night and commented on a few then decided it was time to get ready. I had showered the night before so I opted against showering right now, besides I like showering in before bed every night anyway. I walked to my closet and grabbed a pair of light blue ripped overalls and a light grey crop top.

Once I was dressed I moved onto my 'morning routine' it wasn't much, I just washed my face and threw on some chapstick

Once I was dressed I moved onto my 'morning routine' it wasn't much, I just washed my face and threw on some chapstick. I grabbed my white Micheal Kors backpack (it was one of the first things I ever splurged on) and threw my wallet, notebook, pen, phone charger and earbuds in and grabbed my phone off my bed. I walked downstairs ( I live in a two-story apartment) and saw my dad in the kitchen making some coffee and looking over some new case files.

"hey dad" I greeted as I poured some coffee in a mug for myself.

"hey sweetheart, how was your sleep?" he asked.

"I had another flashback but other than that I slept fine" I've been having these flashbacks to my childhood, I would see my birth father sitting with me and then I would blink and wake up in a random room or sometimes I would see a woman screaming at me to leave her alone. My dad says it's because of my past - where my father left me at the prescient without a proper goodbye. I went to therapy to talk about it but it didn't help what so ever. My dad gave me a small smile and walked over to me, he hugged me and rested his chin on the top of my head (which is quite surprising, I'm pretty tall - around 5'10) and said

"don't worry, we will get through this"

Here's the break down of my 'family'.Joesph Diaz, he's been there for me since I was 5 and adopted me when I was six turning seven. When my birth father left me at his prescient he took me to his studio apartment where I stayed with for a couple months. Around the 3rd month of living in his studio apartment, he chooses to pack up and move to the apartment we live in currently. It's in the middle of New Bronx and has enough space for the both of us. He enrolled me in school to allow me to get the education I needed and has been supporting since the day he took me in. He's a detective and works with some pretty great people, I consider them family. Every Friday we meet at our apartment and we play board games like clue and charades, to say we're all competitive is a huge understatement. They all support me in everything I do whether it be writing, singing or schooling, they're always there with support. My dad raised me with the help of Jake Peralta, Charles Boyle, Amy Santiago, Raymond Holt, Terry Jeffords and his younger sister Rosa, they're all detectives so I'd say don't mess with them. We're pretty dysfunctional but we love each other and we've got each other's backs no matter what. Now back to me.