Déjà Vu

Rebecca refused to shut up about my, what she called moment with Dante earlier, the whole way through our first classes together, my already soured mood took an even deeper drop. It made the day drag on longer than was necessary and I was tempted to shove my earphones in and ignore the world, but knowing how strict my Physics tutor was, I wasn't going to risk it, I didn't need anymore reasons to be on his bad side with my grades.

Thankfully, I endured the whole class, drowned out the whines of a certain girl. Her name was Abi Goldsen, final year student. Tall, ice blonde hair and blue eyes. She dressed like a runway model, and she looked like it too. There was no male in this place who would ever say no to her and she took full advantage of that. I stayed as far away from her and her pack of friends as I could stand to get.

After the lesson eventually ended and I managed to sit through my maths class, it was time for our free period.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, it was Rebecca.

* Hey chic! got a date with Rob tonight!! *

I chuckled at my phone, Rob was Rebecca's long term crush, who she had been sort of friends with from afar for months and had just mustered up the courage to talk to him properly the last few weeks.
He was actually two years above us but poor grades in key subjects, meant he had to keep coming back. before I tapped a response

* Get it!! where and when?? meet me at library lots to catch up on for next week *

I waited for a response, headed for the library until it buzzed again

* 8PM @ shoreline .. he also got me coffeeee raincheck on library? *

I outwardly groaned knowing I'd have to spend the rest of the day alone, but quickly got over myself knowing I should be happy for her. I smiled slightly and told her to have fun, sitting on a low wall in the corridor that housed a heater, it was almost winter and I could feel the chill in my bones.

Rebecca was the only friend that I could say had always been there, we were joint at the hip. Even our mothers were best friends and had been since they were our age. But then I was never good at making friends, I was that girl. The one that never seemed to fit in wherever she went, like here. I was much more mature than my 20 years and found it hard to relate to most people. My little falling event earlier didn't help either.

I rummaged my brain for a productive idea, but nothing came to mind.

In my frustration, I swiftly stood up from the wall I was perched on and spun around as gravity failed , I collided with the floor for the second time in one day. I was really ready for the ground to swallow me up, tears of frustration threatened to spill.

I felt completely flustered and more embarrassed than I could ever say, I heaved myself up off the floor and stared straight into the sharp blue eyes of Dante across the hall, who by a small miracle was thankfully looking away.

His Italian? accent was prominent, I heard him talking to his small group of ice eyed friends, the only people in fact I had ever seen him speak to.
I heaved up my bag from where it landed and threw it back over my arm, dashed into the next building making a beeline for the library where I sat down on one of the standard plastic and rock hard, uncomfortable chairs and tried to gather my scattered thoughts.
His accent was undoubtedly irresistible, but it wasn't just that. It was the way he spoke, with such calamity and mystery; he never revealed anything about himself. In fact, all I knew was his name and that he was like no one I had ever seen before.

I really needed to get a grip on my life.

I spent the rest of the day in the library, finishing notes and wasting time. I didn't go to my last class which I knew would have consequences, but I had bigger problems to think about.