"Listen!" I heard the familiar voice of our driver start somewhere behind me. "We'll be off soon, so anybody who isn't traveling on this bus should probably get back to their own."

I mentally thanked him. No more giggling Pete. Well, knowing him, he'd be giggling on his own bus for hours but at least then I wouldn't have to hear it.

"Hey Pete, I think Brent and I'll go with you guys today," Spencer replied. "You don't mind, right?"

"Go right ahead," Pete got out in between giggling his ass off.

"No action on the couches!" I heard Brent order laughingly. "I actually want to be able to sit there again."

"Don't worry," Brendon assured him.

I stayed where I was for a few minutes before finally getting out to face the world again. "Are they gone?"

Brendon laughed softly and nodded.

I let out a breath in relief.

"Stop blushing," he ordered, which only made me blush even more. It had been going back a bit, but now it was back to its full crimson color, I was sure of that. "Not that it's not adorable or anything, I just don't want you uncomfortable," he added.

I let out a small laugh before putting my hands on his cheeks and crashing my lips onto his.

He smiled into the kiss, but responded by placing his hands on my waist and running his tongue along my lower lip.

I opened my mouth to him willingly and relished in the feeling as his tongue slipped into my mouth, reaching my own and battling it for dominance.

We pulled apart for air a moment later and I sent him a wide smile. "Go get some dry clothes on," I ordered. "You're going to catch a cold and while Pete can take over my guitar, I doubt he'd be good at your vocals."

He smiled back, nodded and disappeared into the bunkroom after pressing a brief peck against my mouth.

I felt so elated in that moment, so relieved, so fucking happy. I felt like I'd been handed the world. And I could've laughed at how this had been in my reach for so long and I'd been too stupid and stubborn and prejudiced to just reach out and take it. That didn't really matter anymore, though. I'd finally realized what I needed. And I'd gotten over myself enough to take it. Him. And in that moment I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I never realized I'd been thinking for that long, but the next moment, it seemed, he reentered the room in some apparently random, casual mismatched clothes and sauntered over to drop down on the couch, a smile still playing on his lips.

"Thank you," he suddenly said.

I raised an eyebrow. "For what?"

"Giving this a shot," he answered, looking down a bit.

In an odd way I could still practically see the insecurities running through him. "No," I muttered, making my way to his side to sit down on the couch next to him. "Thank YOU for still wanting to give this a shot. I haven't exactly been easy to work with."

He smiled, shaking his head a bit. "Let's just put the past in the past, okay?" he suggested.

I nodded gratefully and scooted over a bit so we were slightly closer. I guess I still wasn’t as secure in this a might be expected.

He laughed at my sudden shyness, though, and pulled me on top of him, lying himself halfway down in the process. Then his lips caught mine again, moving against them slowly.

I smiled into the kiss before biting lightly down on his lower lip and pushing my tongue inside at the gap his mouth formed to let out a small groan.