Then I went into the bathroom, closed and locked the door, shrugged off the sticky boxers and dried myself off with some toilet paper before putting on the fresh pair of boxers and throwing the old into the zink. Then I turned on the water and let them soak through before scrubbing lightly, all the time feeling fourteen again. Then, finally done with the boxers, I placed them on the heater along the wall, fixed up my tee and bit and went back into the main room on bare feet.

I slumped back into my bed, deliberately avoiding looking at Matt.

"Stop blushing," he suddenly ordered.

And then I had to turn and look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"There's nothing emberrassing about that," he added. "I'm not going to judge you, I'm not telling anyone and I'm not going to call you gay, so relax."

We were silent for minutes.

I'd lit another smoke and was still not looking at the TV. I also did my best to block out the sounds.

"What if I am, though?" I finally blurted.

"Still not judging you," he answered. "But that could also have been called a case of the pot calling the kettle black."

I gave a slight chuckle. "Am I?" I asked.

He gave me a look of disbelief before bursting out laughing. "How the hell should I know? You fulfill the criterias, if you can say that, but if you don't know who you are, how can I? I barely even know you."

I flushed over again, looking lightly at my cig before inhaling once more. "I guess," I answered vaguely, not really knowing how to respond.

"But if you want I can introduce you to the culture once you're out of bed again." He gave me a small, humorous half-smile. "I'll be your guide on the road to self-discovery," he added. Then looked thoughtful for a moment. "Now I sound like a life-style guru."22

I managed to laugh at him. Once again he'd managed to lighten the mood with a few short sentences and I was grateful.

"Now. Let's watch. That's the reason I bought this thing," he added, turning back to the TV.

With a sigh I turned back to the TV as well, now having no clue at all as to where we were in the plot. If there even was a plot, which I kind of doubted. So I leaned back, dreading the effect the film was having on my body only to realise that shit had become worse.

Once again my mind seemed to be working on over-load and it was screwing with the 'actors'. It didn't help that they were both dark-haired or that the makers of the porn had apparently decided to play on some people's attraction to teenage boys, because none of those people had looked any older than me and there were none of the over-pumped bodies I might have expected from something like this.

I think you understand what I'm trying to get at. My head was no longer limiting itself to playing tricks on me when I closed my eyes, it was placing familiar faces on the people in the film. One of which I saw every day in the mirror. Another one which I saw every day as well. You get what I mean, don't make me spell it out for you.

With this realisation my breath stuck in my throat and to avoid repeating the incident from a while earlier I ate my pride and cleared my throat.

"What?" Matt asked.

"Can we please not watch anymore right now?" I asked in something close to a low whimper.

He laughed at me, loudly and heartily. "I was wondering how long that would take," he admitted cheekily, but got off his bed and turned off the DVD.