Chapter 14

Coming into the pack house, I bumped into Jace as he was heading out the front door, suitcase in tow. We both paused, waiting for the other one to say something.

     I broke the silence first. "Go," I said, hugging him. "You deserve to be happy, too."

     "Thank you," he said, squeezing me. He pulled back and tried to discreetly wipe a tear away. "I'll see you soon."

     I nodded and felt my heart squeeze as he opened the door and headed out. I waved as he got into his car. He was set to drive across the state and then to fly to the East Coast and slowly make his way back. He would go international if he needed to.

     The thought of never seeing him again flittered across my mind, but I was quick to brush it off with thoughts of breakfast. My stomach rumbled and I headed into the kitchen to find Will cooking. I whistled low. Now this was a sight I could get used to. He turned and smiled at me as he dished out pancakes onto the little pups' plates. They ran past me to go plunk down in front of the TV to watch Saturday morning cartoons. Will planted a kiss on my lips and we heard an "EWWWW" behind us. Looking back, we saw some little backs hurrying their way out of the room. Will chuckled and kissed me again.

     "Hi," I said quietly, my hands on either side of his face.

     "Good morning, beautiful," he whispered back. "What are your plans for the day?"

     "Well we don't have training today, but I may go for a run. What about you?"

     "I have a meeting with a neighboring Alpha this morning to discuss some rogue activity. Would you like to come with me? Then maybe we can go for a run together?"

     "Yeah, I'd like that. Are we meeting here or there?"

     "There. It's Alpha Blake from Green River. It's about half an hour from here. Their territory borders ours to the East."

     I nodded and reached for a plate for my pancakes.

     "Wait," Will said, grabbing a plate from the microwave. "I made you special ones."

     He handed me a plate full of heart-shaped pancakes. I smiled. It was cute. I took a seat on one of the stools by the island and grabbed some silverware. I lathered them with syrup and butter and cut into them. Placing a chunk into my mouth, I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face. He had added chocolate chips, my favorite.

     "Thank you," I said, getting up to kiss his cheek. "They're perfect."

     He winked at me and continued making more as different pack members came through for breakfast.

      We cleaned up and Will grabbed his car keys as we set out to meet with Alpha Blaze. The ride there was short and easy. We pulled up to a large metal gate and Will pushed a button.

     "May I help you?" a voice came over the intercom system.

     "Alpha William and Luna Amber of Silvermoon here to see Alpha Blake."

     "Welcome. Come on in."

     The gate swung open and we drove several hundred feet until the trees opened up and their pack house stood in a large clearing. It was very similar to ours, just made of stone instead. A young guy with jet black hair stood on the steps waiting for us.

     "Alpha, Luna," he said, bowing his head slightly. "Welcome to Green River. I'm Beta John."

     "Nice to meet you," Will said, holding his hand out to shake John's.